LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

The official: What questions do you have about Football thread?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Why did the Texans rookie RB stick his head up his ass less than 2 weeks before training camp?
is there a limit for sideline coaches? If not, why don't teams just invest in statisic geniuses for essentially all the scenarios a game brings and consult them when needed ? Sure a stat genius would get to a game once a week for $600 for 3 hours or something
Originally posted by Zachary:
is there a limit for sideline coaches? If not, why don't teams just invest in statisic geniuses for essentially all the scenarios a game brings and consult them when needed ? Sure a stat genius would get to a game once a week for $600 for 3 hours or something

Isn't that what Paraag is for
The Greatest questions of Football of all time.
My son to me:
Son:
"On a kickoff, if it goes through the goal posts is it worth 3 points? If no, why not" ?
Me:
"Go get me some more chips".
Son:
"Doesn't the victory formation seem like a cowardly way to end such a fast paced, violent game"?
Me:
"Don't forget the dip."
Son:
"Why don't they....."?
Me:
"And a soda"

Then again he never understood why I hated other teams when the 49ers played them because he thought half the 49ers were "playing make believe as another team" like he played pirates or army. That's when I explained that he was partially right due to free agency.

Soooo "On a kickoff, if it goes through the goal posts ............"?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I live in Orange County CA., the weather is perfect and the parks are full of boys and girls playing............Soccer. The goal posts have nets in front of them and the yard markers have been erased by soccer lines. I never see kids practicing or even playing touch football, nothing. Very disturbing, if this isn't the beginning of the end I don't know what is.

children of millennials are even softer than their parents.

That's a fact. Pussified generation indeed.
LOL
  • Andra
  • Veteran
When a player like Edelman gets hurt and is out for the entire season does he still get paid his contract salary for the year ?
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
There is a real disconnect between the national past time and what kids are playing.

Soccer is definitely the sport of choice across the nation for children.

No kids play football any more.

It is really sad.

I don't know....

I grew up in NYC. Over there, kids didn't really play football.

Some tag growing up sure, but not hardcore like when I visited Philly or Pittsburgh where everyone wanted to play all the time. Getting people together was hard, and this was back in the early '90s.

NYC is/was a basketball/baseball town.

I figure most of the blue state big cities are like that.

PA, TX, OH, and a few others pump out football players.

When kids in those states start playing soccer en masse, then it's time to worry.
How is Wade Phillips going to take 4-3 personnel and make them a dominant 3-4 D?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
How is Wade Phillips going to take 4-3 personnel and make them a dominant 3-4 D?

you replace an LB with a DL. NEXT QUESTION!

Share 49ersWebzone