LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 191 users in the forums

Chris Berman's wife killed in car accident

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
87 yo driver of the other car (also died) probably gonna start the elderly drivers on the road debate
We definitely need to have this discussion. But in a compassionate manner. Driving is more than transportation. It's independence and freedom. When you take away someone's privilege to drive, you take away that independence.

Mentally, old people feel young, it's just that their bodies can't keep up. That's a difficult thing for them to come to terms with.
Originally posted by captveg:
One of the reasons I am completely on board with the driverless vehicle movement. The statistics are undeniable - they are infinitely safer.
I'm down as long as you keep the government out of most of it. There are too many privacy issues already. The thought of having an all powerful central government that can know and control everywhere you go is scary. We need to get rid of this mindset that it's possible to prevent bad stuff from happening to people. That's not possible.

Don't tell me I'm being paranoid either. The government already uses the IRS to punish behavior they don't like and even had "rogue" employees take matters in to their own hands.

What if you're an outspoken opponent of a president? Your car might not start the next morning or worse. Driving = freedom and independence. There's a reason why mass transit isn't popular in many places. There will definitely be opponents to this. It may be for the public good, but then again every law is billed as for the public good no matter how s**tty it is.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on May 11, 2017 at 7:12 AM ]
Try having a 80 year old uber driver in San fran.

Holy shti that was scary.
My wife and I have been married for 39 years...and if something happened to her, I'd be totally devastated. My heart goes out to Boomer and his family...that's about as bad as it gets.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Last year my family visited relatives in AZ, and we went to a comedy club with my 81 year old grandpa. He doesn't drive at night, but it was 7 or 8pm and he was at the wheel. There were 2 left turns when we were getting close to the club, and pedestrians were walking in the crosswalks. He just about plowed through 2 different groups of people, missing them by only a couple feet. Just was not aware whatsoever. Other than actual crashes, it was the most terrifying driving experience of my life.
Very sad for Chris and his family.

He just retired and was preparing to spend their Golden Years together.

Terrible!
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Last year my family visited relatives in AZ, and we went to a comedy club with my 81 year old grandpa. He doesn't drive at night, but it was 7 or 8pm and he was at the wheel. There were 2 left turns when we were getting close to the club, and pedestrians were walking in the crosswalks. He just about plowed through 2 different groups of people, missing them by only a couple feet. Just was not aware whatsoever. Other than actual crashes, it was the most terrifying driving experience of my life.
he probably did that on purpose, old people DGAF anymore
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Damn Berman is a good dude

RIP to his wife but Chris Berman is the opposite of a good dude

How so?

And don't say "he sucks as a reporter", because that has 0% to do with the type of human being he is.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Very sad for Chris and his family.

He just retired and was preparing to spend their Golden Years together.

Terrible!

He's living my worst nightmare. It's terrible... Sad both people passed, a lot of hurt going around.
Schit news... Rough year for Boom both professionally & personally.

Hopefully he finds something to keep him going.

Originally posted by Morgan49:
Heard Ferral On The Bench say today that some other radio host was making fun of Bermans wife's death by mocking his baseball replays saying she's "going...going...gone...."
Not cool.

Smooth way to tell the joke without looking like a horrible person...
Love Boomer just a pro 49er type 80 flashback vibe hope he makes it through this RIP to his wife after all these years....
  • titan
  • Veteran
I miss that dude on NFL Sunday Football!!! I actually switched to NFL network for pre game...but they have a lot of annoying opinionated fools that battle to talk over each other...it gets pretty loud and sloppy commentating.
Share 49ersWebzone