• Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not sure how he keeps getting work

He looks the part
Originally posted by jcs:

He looks the part

And he says the right things..... Takes responsibility. Didn't make any beats by Dre commercials. etc.

They are kicking the tires on him as a possible #3 QB. As the backup to Drew Stanton who is the backup to Palmer.

In general if a team has to play their third quarterback they are screwed. Gabbert would be an upgrade from Ryan Lindley a few years ago.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 4, 2017 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Bruce Arians was able to turn Carson Palmer's career around... Carson used to be an interception throwing machine. So you never know.

BUT with all those weapons and speed.... Bruce might not be able to get Gabbert to open up his game. But maybe that's what they need this year from the Backup position, if Carson is out a game or two....check downs, 1st down conversions from a QB run or two. Limit the turnovers while they play defense and special teams.

Nice try Afrikan lol. You had me going for a second

Gabbert is an enigma. He appears to have all the tools but has never developed the accuracy to be successful. If Arians can do something to improve that he will have other teams calling to find out what kind of pills he takes because no one else has been able to do it. Let's see if a contract is actually signed.

I was open to him reviving his career... only chance he has now is as a #3 QB who can help the young guy being groomed and the starter on what's going on,what they're doing, what he's missing etc. he needs to take the Ty Detmer approach if he wants to stick around another 5-10 years cause he's still pretty young.

I still think he can turn it around. Maybe being in a "Winning" environment for the first time in his NFL career would help.

You never know... The Rams opener last year throwing balls to the ground ended the story for me lol.
even gabbert is getting looks before kap. thats ridiculous lol.
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by dj43:
Bruce Arians was able to turn Carson Palmer's career around... Carson used to be an interception throwing machine. So you never know.

BUT with all those weapons and speed.... Bruce might not be able to get Gabbert to open up his game. But maybe that's what they need this year from the Backup position, if Carson is out a game or two....check downs, 1st down conversions from a QB run or two. Limit the turnovers while they play defense and special teams.

Nice try Afrikan lol. You had me going for a second

Gabbert is an enigma. He appears to have all the tools but has never developed the accuracy to be successful. If Arians can do something to improve that he will have other teams calling to find out what kind of pills he takes because no one else has been able to do it. Let's see if a contract is actually signed.

I was open to him reviving his career... only chance he has now is as a #3 QB who can help the young guy being groomed and the starter on what's going on,what they're doing, what he's missing etc. he needs to take the Ty Detmer approach if he wants to stick around another 5-10 years cause he's still pretty young.

I still think he can turn it around. Maybe being in a "Winning" environment for the first time in his NFL career would help.

You never know... The Rams opener last year throwing balls to the ground ended the story for me lol.

hes not gonna turn it around. But he will have a vastly superior offense and supporting cast than what hes used to. But no, hes doodoo and was overhyped during his draft year.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
hes not gonna turn it around. But he will have a vastly superior offense and supporting cast than what hes used to. But no, hes doodoo and was overhyped during his draft year.

Just how much better is Fitz at this point in his career better than Garçon? David Johnson is REALLY good, but overall our backfield is better IMO. Our WR&TE combined at the moment I feel is better than theirs as well. OL? I think us again, Palmer on his last leg as well. I think statistically, we can have the best offense in the division even wit Hoyer.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 4, 2017 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
even gabbert is getting looks before kap. thats ridiculous lol.

If Kaepernick was willing to be the #3 QB on a roster and accept #3 QB money, I imagine a few teams would give him a long look. Its been reported out here that Gabbert was offered the vet minimum.
I like Gabbert. I wish him well!

• jrg
  • Veteran
THE REAL AMERICAN!
all the physical talent in the world but no balls
Originally posted by CityKing415:
all the physical talent in the world but no balls

Carson Palmer was a good NFL QB prior to going to AZ. He had a 32/12 TD/INT ratio with a 67 completion percentage in his second year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone