There are 217 users in the forums

KD Cannon - a very good deep threat

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He reminds me of Travis Benjamin

Good call
This dude looks like a beast. WOW. Great signing as a UDFA
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I wanted this guy in the 5th or 6th rd. Loved that we signed him! He reminds me of Travis Benjamin and a tougher Ted Ginn

I definitely see Cannon as a more physical though not quite as fast Ted Ginn. Bolden is the guy I hope makes the team...I wouldn't have been upset if we drafted him in the 6th instead of Taylor so getting him as a UDFA is awesome.
Kyle is freaken speed junkie.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kyle is freaken speed junkie.

about time we have a coach that appreciates speed. harbaugh/tomsula/chip only wanted WRs for blocking downfield
Originally posted by NYniner85:

They bit hard on the curl and that was game over for the defender there.
He has 2 routes -- a go and a comeback. He's not scary, just fast. He needs to do more.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I wanted this guy in the 5th or 6th rd. Loved that we signed him! He reminds me of Travis Benjamin and a tougher Ted Ginn

I definitely see Cannon as a more physical though not quite as fast Ted Ginn. Bolden is the guy I hope makes the team...I wouldn't have been upset if we drafted him in the 6th instead of Taylor so getting him as a UDFA is awesome.

I'm through the roof excited about Bolden and hope he sticks as well. As solid as Kerley is on KR/PR, Bolden is a legit home run hitter who plays far far faster than he times and is a true offensive chess piece we could use.

Cannon does remind me a little of Ginn as well, faster than quick instead of vice versa. Limited route tree, no blocking ability. But all easily coachable flaws.
This guy may only run one route, but he runs it angrily. I want to see him run some slants and screens because i feel like he runs well after the catch

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He has 2 routes -- a go and a comeback. He's not scary, just fast. He needs to do more.

And that's why he went undrafted...if he can work on the route tree he could be something.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
goodwin's backup. Probably the best UDFA. Has a case of the droppsies but he can be a situational deep threat.

I think he has an iffy path to the roster. His skillset is basically replicating what Goodwin already does. Fast but a poor route runner. The competition at WR is going to be fierce for the remaining spots after Garcon and Kerley.

You have Goodwin, Robinson, Rogers, Cannon, Bolden, Ellington, Burbridge, Carter, Harper, Ross, Smelter and Taylor all fighting it out for what amounts to be 4 spots.

i still think he has a good shot. My 6 WRs would be Garcon, Kerley, Goodwin, Taylor, Robinson, and Cannon. It might come down to either Cannon, Ellington, or Smelter. Ellington and Smelter have some serious injuries issues so Cannon could find his way to the roster. D
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
goodwin's backup. Probably the best UDFA. Has a case of the droppsies but he can be a situational deep threat.

I think he has an iffy path to the roster. His skillset is basically replicating what Goodwin already does. Fast but a poor route runner. The competition at WR is going to be fierce for the remaining spots after Garcon and Kerley.

You have Goodwin, Robinson, Rogers, Cannon, Bolden, Ellington, Burbridge, Carter, Harper, Ross, Smelter and Taylor all fighting it out for what amounts to be 4 spots.

i still think he has a good shot. My 6 WRs would be Garcon, Kerley, Goodwin, Taylor, Robinson, and Cannon. It might come down to either Cannon, Ellington, or Smelter. Ellington and Smelter have some serious injuries issues so Cannon could find his way to the roster. D

If we went with six, I think -- at least on paper -- Bolden has the more diverse skill set to beat out Cannon. He was used as a runner, receiver, and KR/PR with four return touchdowns over his career at Oregon State.

I agree with those guys.

I think Ellington and Smelter are toast

edit:
I can see us keeping Ellington and stashing Cannon for a year on Practice Squad. But I think if we try to stash him for a year, another team will pick him up
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 4, 2017 at 3:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone