LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

KD Cannon - a very good deep threat

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Pretty impressive the job the FO has done. Wasn't that long ago that I thought our WRs were slow or old or hurt and none of them scared anyone. Don't know if Cannon makes it or not, but if we cut him, it must mean we have plenty of speed.

Good post!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
If him and Victor Bolden don't make the squad but glass ellington does ima lose my s**t

Honestly, I if he's injured or misses a lot of time in OTA's, Mini Camp and TC I don't see Ellington making the cut. And with Goodwin and Aldrick Robinson, it pushes Elington farther down the depth chart IMO. Not to mention Kerley should be penciled in at either #2 or #3....even more down the chart he goes.

Good call Kolohe!

Peanut Brittle Ellington is on-the-clock.
goodwin's backup. Probably the best UDFA. Has a case of the droppsies but he can be a situational deep threat.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by communist:
Let's wait and see. There is a reason he went undrafted.

He's a body catcher, poor route runner, and drops balls...speed kills though.

If he can improve on his hands and route running could be something.
at track&field perhaps
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
goodwin's backup. Probably the best UDFA. Has a case of the droppsies but he can be a situational deep threat.

I think he has an iffy path to the roster. His skillset is basically replicating what Goodwin already does. Fast but a poor route runner. The competition at WR is going to be fierce for the remaining spots after Garcon and Kerley.

You have Goodwin, Robinson, Rogers, Cannon, Bolden, Ellington, Burbridge, Carter, Harper, Ross, Smelter and Taylor all fighting it out for what amounts to be 4 spots.
It's a longshot for UDFA's to make any NFL roster...but, it's clear the Niner roster is a work in progress. We'll see a lot more changes 'til Lynch/Shanahan are happy with it. Even then, you have to keep improving, because that's what your competition's doing. So, there's a chance for guys like Cannon...but he'll have to really work hard and minimize mistakes to have a legit shot at making the roster. The overall speed of the WR corps has improved a lot...and maybe Cannon can add to it. It'll be interesting to see how the WR corps shapes up.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think he has an iffy path to the roster. His skillset is basically replicating what Goodwin already does. Fast but a poor route runner. The competition at WR is going to be fierce for the remaining spots after Garcon and Kerley.

You have Goodwin, Robinson, Rogers, Cannon, Bolden, Ellington, Burbridge, Carter, Harper, Ross, Smelter and Taylor all fighting it out for what amounts to be 4 spots.

He has tiny hands and drops alot of balls I think Victor Bolden is a better fit he reminds me of Gabriel from the falcons but also returns kicks.
  • titan
  • Veteran

It's going to be a battle.
Originally posted by titan:

It's going to be a battle.

My guess.. We make a trade for a WR and everyone but Taylor get cut .
Big fan of him, he will make the team

I'm shocked he wasn't drafted

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Just a dream...Julio Jones will hate the new offensive coordinator and offense. Production drops and ask for a trade to the 49ers.
Love to see that the new FO understands how important it is to have speed on the field. Can you imagine how fast this team will be in a couple of years? Can't wait to see that team!
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Just a dream...Julio Jones will hate the new offensive coordinator and offense. Production drops and ask for a trade to the 49ers.

Somebody make sure Sarkisian is on that liquor lol.
Is it just me or did anyone notice on tape he looks bigger? I honestly had never heard of this kid until we signed him, so before i even looked up his stats or his measurements i caught some highlights, i really thought he was at least 6'2" N about 205 lbs come to find out dude is just 5'11" 185 lbs He sure did fool me the way he plays. He plays big. I like that he goes after the ball. As long as he doesn't suffer any significant loss time during camp heading into Preseason if he gets his fair shot look out ppl he has a great shot to make this roster.
I wanted this guy in the 5th or 6th rd. Loved that we signed him! He reminds me of Travis Benjamin and a tougher Ted Ginn
Share 49ersWebzone