LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Adrian Peterson to SAINTS and now to CARDS!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Dec, wow.

i thought it was only for like 6 weeks

2-3 months was the estimated recovery.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
What a dumb move. The Arizona Cardinals roster is complete trash, even when everybody is healthy.

This is what desperate GM's do to delay the inevitable. This is the duct tape playbook. Bring in over the hill, mediocre veterans who are just good enough to get you to 7 wins when you should go in the tank for a QB.

The Arizona Cardinals will duct tape it together in 2018 as well (perhaps with Alex Smith or some other vet QB). But the cupboard is bare. They will need to blow it up in 2019 regardless. They're simply delaying the inevitable.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
What a dumb move. The Arizona Cardinals roster is complete trash, even when everybody is healthy.

This is what desperate GM's do to delay the inevitable. This is the duct tape playbook. Bring in over the hill, mediocre veterans who are just good enough to get you to 7 wins when you should go in the tank for a QB.

The Arizona Cardinals will duct tape it together in 2018 as well (perhaps with Alex Smith or some other vet QB). But the cupboard is bare. They will need to blow it up in 2019 regardless. They're simply delaying the inevitable.

You don't tank the season after 5 games...I know this young madden generation of kids think this is how it works but people don't sacrafice their bodies, time and money to lose on purpose.
Don't have a problem with this move for Arizona. It will probably amount to nothing but I don't see the harm in taking a shot on AP. I don't think the Saints were a good location for him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by okdkid:

You don't tank the season after 5 games...I know this young madden generation of kids think this is how it works but people don't sacrafice their bodies, time and money to lose on purpose.

You're right. GMs don't. That's why the Cardinals are screwed. They can't win this year no matter what they add. And they can't compete for a Super Bowl next year either.

Other than LB, literally every position group they have is average or worse compared to average NFL teams.

This is good for a storyline because Peterson used to be good and he's a big name. But it's horrible for their long term success.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Crazy to see him being traded. What a fall from what he was.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Thoughts?

I bet dude can still beast it.

At least we don't have to face AP this season!

• fly15
  • Veteran
Good for them
Cards love them some over the hill RBs. Emmitt Smith, Edgerrin James, Chris Johnson and now AP.
Originally posted by NeKro:
Crazy to see him being traded. What a fall from what he was.

When RBs fall off, they fall off fast.

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Another "old and washed" player goes to Arizona and resurrects their career

More like goes to Arizona... the end. Just ask Emmitt Smith.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
When RBs fall off, they fall off fast.

Unless they are Frank Gore.
The move makes sense for Adrian Peterson. In 2015, the Cardinals gave Chris Johnson an average of 18 carries per game, and last season they gave David Johnson an average of 18 carries per game. If AP goes into that offense and runs well, then there is a chance he will get a featured role in their offense, something he was always unlikely to get in New Orleans. I'm not convinced he will do much for the Cardinals, but it makes sense for them to take a gamble on AP because they are in win now mode.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Woah

For what?

are you watching football???

ARI lost their starter, don't have a decent replacement.

NO has two starters, AP wants more touches.

This was a dream come true for AP

no need to question the poster. his "for what" meant what did the Saints receive in the trade.

I mean of course I've been watching football. I get the trade. I just thought five weeks after signing a big-name free agent is very soon to trade them.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
More like goes to Arizona... the end. Just ask Emmitt Smith.

Everybody comes here to retire.
Share 49ersWebzone