LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Aaron Hernandez Found Dead In Prison Cell

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Why, because I don't see the humor in a mans death?

There are people making jokes about Todd Heap accidentally killing his daughter. But a joke about Hernandez gets you butt hurt? lol

Odd priorities to complain about the WZ's mentality.

Go look at my post in that thread as well.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Same people making fun of Hernandez death could care less about Odin Loyd, so why even comment on it?

Why even try to judge him?

I don't know Hernandez or Loyd, this is a tragedy no matter how you look at it. These were human lives not some movie theater role play thing...

SMH this is what humanity has come to, making fun of dead people while sitting behind a keyboard?

You're so lost, dude.

The guy was a murderer who killed an innocent man. He deserved to die, he is a piece of crap and the world is a better, safer place with him gone. It isn't like the Pope just died, but I guess you missed that point.

Does any of that make him any less human?
It does in my book, do you consider Charles Manson human? I don't. What about their victims?
Well said Leproffessionel...

I want the right guy to pay the price, those families deserve that. When you make contracts with the state on keeping the jails packed scares me.

Because its basically telling me, guilty or not those facilities have to be filled, forget education. These entities dont care. Its about a buck. So to what extent do we keep these prisons packed?

We do not want those families to suffer anymore than they have to.

As long as we understand education is #1, find the real killers and try to rehabilitate because the ones who do kill, most likely have a higher probability of killing again.

The killers that will get out in 20 years, I prefer them rehabilitated since they are getting out anyway because of time served. The serial killers can rot.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Apr 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by TyCore:
Same people making fun of Hernandez death could care less about Odin Loyd, so why even comment on it?

Why even try to judge him?

I don't know Hernandez or Loyd, this is a tragedy no matter how you look at it. These were human lives not some movie theater role play thing...

SMH this is what humanity has come to, making fun of dead people while sitting behind a keyboard?

You're so lost, dude.

The guy was a murderer who killed an innocent man. He deserved to die, he is a piece of crap and the world is a better, safer place with him gone. It isn't like the Pope just died, but I guess you missed that point.

It does in my book, do you consider Charles Manson human? I don't. What about their victims?

I think he's crazy. It's probably a good thing to have him separated from society. Although, perhaps under the right circumstances he coukd have been "normal"?

People often use the worst of the worst to broadly paint all criminal behavior. There's more nuance, things are a little more complex. Not every killer is a Jeffery Dahmer or Manson.

Some people have a series of yragic life events which leads to one explosion of anger. Others are broken. More methodical, perhaps evil. I don't think everyone can be rehabilitated but some can be.

Should we lump all killers in with Manson and Dahmer? Should we have so many prisons full of people? Can we do something differently?

When a human has basic human rights taken away from him, then yes, it does make him less human.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

When a human has basic human rights taken away from him, then yes, it does make him less human.

he is less of a human when he took a life, a life for a life basically, you take a life, then your life should be taken away as well, that is what is right. so the day he took someones hopes dreams away and ended it, his life was basically turned over to the goverment for death sentence or life, which is the right thing to do.
Clearly he was framed. How do I know? Well, what do you do with frames? You hang them.
But what happens when there is less crime? Are our children safe? Makes you wonder who is orchestrating this behind the scenes???? So what happens when this happens? Should we give more trust?

6. "A massive drop in the crime rate did not slow the pace of mass incarceration."

"The crime rate grew from the 1970s until the early 1990s, but after that it plunged. Incarceration rates increased steadily from the 1970s, but after the crime rate began to fall, it continued to climb unabated."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/110920/8-jarring-facts-that-every-american-needs-to-know-about-our-prison-system
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Apr 19, 2017 at 11:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Well said Leproffesionel...

I want the right guy to pay the price, those families deserve that. When you make contracts with the state on keeping the jails packed scares me.

Because its basically telling me, guilty or not those facilities have to be filled, forget education. These entities dont care. Its about a buck. So to what extent do we keep these prisons packed?

We do not want those families to suffer anymore than they have to.

As long as we understand education is #1, find the real killers and try to rehabilitate because the ones who do kill, most likely have a higher probability of killing again.

The killers that will get out in 20 years, I prefer them rehabilitated since they are getting out anyway because of time served.

Ya, we're doing something wrong. A lot of it is culture, perhaps economic but even people in poverty in the US have a lot more than people in the third world. Housing, food, air conditioning, cell phones, public transportation etc.

More random thoughts.

I find it hard to blame poverty for high murder rates. Unless the person killed someone while trying to feed their family because they couldn't find a job. Those cases are kinda rare though.

Does poverty force people to kill other people? Do we not have free will? It's a fact young Americans in poverty are more prone to adopt "thug culture" but why? There's people in China living in metal shacks that don't kill people. There's people in many African nations living in poverty yet they didn't craft a murder culture (in some African nations they have).

Culture is different from nation to nation. There's no universal rule forcing people in poverty to kill. Heck, Hernandez had millions. He wasn't in poverty. It's a mindset. A culture. I think it has more to do with ones ego. (Specifically talking about street culture)

It seems to have started in the late 1970's. What's the source? Why is it happening?
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Clearly he was framed. How do I know? Well, what do you do with frames? You hang them.

I hate Hernandez. But this wasnt even half way funny.

Yes. You take a life you aren't equal, hence why you lose the right to freedom.....

anybody who takes someone else's life should just be shot in the head if found guilty, like why waste money on them in prison? but yea anything less than life or death is a crock, you took someone life away, yours should be taken as well.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
anybody who takes someone else's life should just be shot in the head if found guilty, like why waste money on them in prison? but yea anything less than life or death is a crock, you took someone life away, yours should be taken as well.

I hope theres a stipulation, for example if your a homeowner protecting your family and a home invasion occurs, and you have to kill
[ Edited by FrozeReactionZ on Apr 19, 2017 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Yes. You take a life you aren't equal, hence why you lose the right to freedom.....

A lot of the murders in our nations streets are retaliation for a persons friend being killed etc. It's a cycle.

What's the difference if the state hands out the death penalty or if some guy on the streets does the same? Morally speaking, I know a court will review evidence etc.

Is the death penalty a deterrent? If so, why isn't it working?

I do think some people are pure evil and should probably not exist but many killers had a chain of events which led to one explosion of anger. I don't know the answers. I can imagine I'd be right pissed if someone raped and killed someone I love. I'd want vengeance.

I guess I'm more so thinking about the person who robs a store and shoots someone or the average street thug that was born into a backwards culture. Salvageable people. Are there any salvageable killers in your view?

Why is the murder rate so high in the US compared to other advanced/industrialized nations? Has the death penalty worked.
Originally posted by FrozeReactionZ:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

I hate Hernandez. But this wasnt even half way funny.

Well that is a shame, seeing as how I posted it hoping you and you alone would find it humorous.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by dj43:
It goes all the way back to the family level. Kids born into single parent homes where little value is placed on education have little chance to succeed in the world. When a mother and father commit to being married and staying/working together to create a stable environment to raise children we will see a substantial decrease in crime. Until that happens things are not going to get appreciably better.

While I don't fully support a privately owned prison system, the state is not to blame for adults who refuse to act like adults. That is only blaming the symptom without looking at the root cause.

Understoond but
When they are too busy cashing in and not rehabilitating I do find an issue with it.

I want to enjoy my bbq with my family in peace like the next man.

We are cashing in on killers, not rehabilitating them then the ones who dont commit suicide get released in 20 years a commit another murder.

Stop viewing them as checks and start trying, because these killers are being released every day back into society.

I rather them to try then releasing them in 20 years and doing the same s**t over.

Just because these kids come from single parent homes, doesnt mean the state or private companies need to prey on them.. What does that do to the public in 20 years if he is not killed when they are released?

The problem isn't with killers being released that is lowering the prison population. It is non-violent drug users that are being released that is lowering the population.

Yes, I agree we need to try to do a better job rehabilitating all prison inmates. The problem with that is that by the time violent offenders wind up in prison, they are hard-wired into their life of crime and not at all interested in anything else. Particularly among hard-core gangs, serving time is considered a badge of honor.

Once in a while we hear of one of those who takes advantage of what is offered in the way of rehab, but they are the exception.

If we are looking at someone/something to blame, let's look at our public education system which preaches that everyone should be on a college path. Among the elites that run our ed system, blue collar workers like auto mechanics, plumbers, electricians, equipment operators, and the like, are looked down on a "low education rednecks." This is crazy.

The truth is, the aptitudes of many kids does not fit with a college curriculum. Their natural aptitude is to do and fix things with their hands. When a computer programmer needs his car fixed he can't pass it off to the guy in the adjoining cubicle. He needs someone outside the building with an aptitude to do those repairs. Unfortunately, the "geniuses" that run our ed system have done away with much of the valuable vocational education programs that used to be offered in school. In their ivory tower minds, they view every kid that doesn't seem interested in college to need "special education" instead of an alternative study field that does suit their aptitude. The result is we spend millions of dollars trying to teach math to a kid who would be very good at a trade job. Or worse yet, we deem them to be autistic or ADHD and put them on drugs to make the manageable in the classroom. In my wife's middle class public school, 20% of kids were on some prescription drug that was required to be on record with the school and a backup supply was kept in the nurse's office. In most cases, the issue was a parenting issue, not a kid issue.

Sorry for the long side track, but the problem starts long before prison.

Education is #1 I agree but what happens when we spend more money on prisons than schools?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/07/the-states-that-spend-more-money-on-prisoners-than-college-students/

"The states that spend more money on prisoners than college students"

Is this the parents fault? Going to school is like having your first mortgage.

They dont want you smart.. They want you dumb so they can make money off of you. They dont care. These single parents need help.

It isn't the amount of money spent on education. We spend a ton. The problem is that what we spend is focused on only one outcome - college. We have almost totally given up on the very kind of training that many who would otherwise revert to a life of crime would allow them to have a productive life.
Share 49ersWebzone