LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 190 users in the forums

Charlie Garner's post-football life ruled by fear as his brain fails him

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by future8ringteam:
In some alternate realities, the NFL in 2017, 2018, 2019 ,2020s is way more violent and lawless than it was in our reality in the 1960s and 1970s. I am serious. Multiverse. In a few alternate reality versions of the NFL, in 2017, 2018, 2019 ,2020s players get pentalized for NOT doing helmet to helmet hits (wow!!!)

In some alternate realities, Garrison Hearst didn't get hurt in the 1998 playoffs and stayed the 49ers starting running back for most if not all of the 1999 ,2000 seasons and beyond. Eagles should have kept Charlie Garner until they found a real running back instead of going all in on Brian Westbrook.

In some alternate realities, in 2017 ,2018 ,2019 etc Charlie Garner (in his 40s) is the starting running back for the Baltimore Ravens. I am serious. Prove me I'm wrong bros.

Is this Charlie Garner???

In all seriousness, has there been a study on rugby players? They bang and rub heads together in a "scrum," has there been any reports of this? And this is all done without helmets. All I hear is they get bald.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on May 15, 2017 at 5:51 PM ]
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

In all seriousness, has there been a study on rugby players? They bang and rub heads together in a "scrum," has there been any reports of this? And this is all done without helmets. All I hear is they get bald.

Rugby uncovered: Game still has head in sand over the risks of brain damage

Part two of a series which puts rugby under the microscope before the World Cup focuses on concussion and the sport's duty to protect players
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/11857548/Rugby-uncovered-Game-still-has-head-in-sand-over-the-risks-of-brain-damage.html
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on May 16, 2017 at 4:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Part two of a series which puts rugby under the microscope before the World Cup focuses on concussion and the sport's duty to protect players

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/11857548/Rugby-uncovered-Game-still-has-head-in-sand-over-the-risks-of-brain-damage.html

True. Not sure what the future holds for these and similar sportd but it couuld be a radical change.
In some alternate realities, the NFL in 2017, 2018, 2019 ,2020s is way more violent and lawless than it was in our reality in the 1960s and 1970s. I am serious. Multiverse. In a few alternate reality versions of the NFL, in 2017, 2018, 2019 ,2020s players get pentalized for NOT doing helmet to helmet hits (wow!!!)

In some alternate realities, Garrison Hearst didn't get hurt in the 1998 playoffs and stayed the 49ers starting running back for most if not all of the 1999 ,2000 seasons and beyond. Eagles should have kept Charlie Garner until they found a real running back instead of going all in on Brian Westbrook.

In some alternate realities, in 2017 ,2018 ,2019 etc Charlie Garner (in his 40s) is the starting running back for the Baltimore Ravens. I am serious. Prove me I'm wrong bros.

Also, you took the easy way out with "prove me wrong". How about you prove you are right? It was your statement.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

True. Not sure what the future holds for these and similar sportd but it couuld be a radical change.
All of which has troubling implications for rugby, which has a higher rate of concussion and a much longer season than the NFL.

In July, World Rugby released its own findings into a long-term study of 485 men including 131 former professional rugby players claiming there was no definitive link between rugby and long-term cognitive health problems. This was immediately disputed by the study's lead researcher, Professor Patria Hume, who called such a claim "irresponsible".

As Nowinski argues "the reality is with human brain studies, it will take a lifetime to find proof of a definitive link"

Sounds like what the NFL said for years^
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Football as we know it may be dead in 50 years.

Seriously...so sad!

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Football as we know it may be dead in 50 years.

I will be long gone by then.
Share 49ersWebzone