LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Cam Newton - partially torn rotator cuff

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Cam's career is quickly heading in Kaps direction. He's clearly not as fast as he used to be so he's losing that athletic edge and his 52.9% completion percentage last year was worst in the league for starters.

Completion percentage is one of the more overvalued statistic on WZ, and some coaches have even come out and specifically said this. David Shaw is one of them, but I have definitely heard it more than once.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Cam's career is quickly heading in Kaps direction. He's clearly not as fast as he used to be so he's losing that athletic edge and his 52.9% completion percentage last year was worst in the league for starters.

Completion percentage is one of the more overvalued statistic on WZ, and some coaches have even come out and specifically said this. David Shaw is one of them, but I have definitely heard it more than once.

52.9% with the best TE and one of the biggest WR's in the league is pretty sorry in this pass friendly NFL. Especially when you consider guys like Brees are completing 70% of their passes.
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Well, because of that Oline they should sign Kap as a backup. Hasn't Cam been hurt at different points over the last 2-3 seasons?

Cam and Kap hate each other...

• thl408
Just partially torn cuff? I remember the time he almost died.
Originally posted by thl408:

lol, he flopped then pretended to be dead?

Bennie Logan lol.
Originally posted by KayFabe:

lol, he flopped then pretended to be dead?
He's damn lucky to be alive.
Almost killed him with the the five-point-palm exploding heart technique!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 24, 2017 at 2:41 PM ]

Newton's definitely not the same QB we saw during the regular season & playoffs leading up to the butt whippin' Denver gave him in the SB. I think that game shook his confidence some...plus, the hits he's been taking are taking a toll on his body. He'll have to become more like Big Ben vice Kaepernick.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

couldn't wait to get a room...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Share 49ersWebzone