There are 158 users in the forums

Cam Newton - partially torn rotator cuff

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699303-cam-newton-will-have-surgery-to-repair-shoulder-injury-will-miss-panthers-otas

This is interesting news for a few reasons.

1. I hope he gets better as its a bad place to have an injury.
  2. Isn't this the same injury that killed Alex Smith's Arm Strength?
  3. I wonder if they Sign Kaep as a backup / Just in case?
Originally posted by KayFabe:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699303-cam-newton-will-have-surgery-to-repair-shoulder-injury-will-miss-panthers-otas

This is interesting news for a few reasons.

1. I hope he gets better as its a bad place to have an injury.
  2. Isn't this the same injury that killed Alex Smith's Arm Strength?
  3. I wonder if they Sign Kaep as a backup / Just in case?

Kap would be a good backup. Him and Newton have similar abilities. The big CAR WRs would help with Kap's accuracy issues
Nate is ready!

• jcs
  • Veteran
Cam's career is quickly heading in Kaps direction. He's clearly not as fast as he used to be so he's losing that athletic edge and his 52.9% completion percentage last year was worst in the league for starters.
Originally posted by jcs:
Cam's career is quickly heading in Kaps direction. He's clearly not as fast as he used to be so he's losing that athletic edge and his 52.9% completion percentage last year was worst in the league for starters.

He didn't have a good year which is true, but in theory he was injured for a few games which could have contributed to his lack of accuracy.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Nate is ready!

i think that Broncos D took his confidence and his swag. He didnt look like his playful self out there. Usually he is all smiles, jumping around, having a good time but he looked out of his element all season.

Also, that O-line didnt do him any favors
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i think that Broncos D took his confidence and his swag. He didnt look like his playful self out there. Usually he is all smiles, jumping around, having a good time but he looked out of his element all season.

Also, that O-line didnt do him any favors

Run game was horrible compared to previous years as well.

But yes, be will likely decline quickly.

I wouldn't go that far.

They have a super young offensive line, and 3 young WRs. They are building this offense for the future, which means for now Cam will have a tough time

I guess im a heartless petty man. I read the headline and smiled. I really don't like this guy. Watching the fumble pretty much said everything I need to know about the guy.
Well, because of that Oline they should sign Kap as a backup. Hasn't Cam been hurt at different points over the last 2-3 seasons?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Well, because of that Oline they should sign Kap as a backup. Hasn't Cam been hurt at different points over the last 2-3 seasons?

Cam and Kap hate each other...

Which is weird that he didn't get hammered for that but Kap gets lambasted in the media for other stuff not as bad. Also, Kap's completion % has never been that low.
Originally posted by 16to87:

LOL @ Cam celebrating down 3 tds.
Share 49ersWebzone