• Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Bridge QB maybe? Bridge to whom tho?

Rookie draft pick
Yawn
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
I don't doubt that he will be given the opportunity to start. However, Hoyer's feelings about the Niners trading for Cousins is irrelevant. Do you really think our FO would pass up an opportunity to land Cousins' to spare Brian Hoyer's (of all people) feelings? You're basically saying that Hoyer wouldn't have come here if didn't have the chance to start even though he's done exactly that several times over the course of his career.

So what exactly are you basing that on?

If the 49ers trade for Cousins, Hoyer is the backup. Could he be the backup anyway this year? Sure, the rookie or someone else they sign could beat him out. But at least then he has the opportunity to compete, something he will not get with Cousins.
Well here's everyone's bridge QB from all the mocks that were previously posted! Good call! Like the signing.
Skins front office is in shambles. That's why I don't see a trade coming this year. They will simply get nothing for him next year
The hoyer signing means absolutely 0 when it comes to Cousins, other than giving the 49ers even more leverage in the negotiations.

One of the two, Schaub or Hoyer, were always going to be a target. They both understand the offense, and would be capable backup Qb's.

Schaub resigned in ATL, so the 49ers went with Hoyer.

Now the 49ers can tell the redskins, either take what we offer now, or we sign Cousnins next year for free, and you get nothing.

We have 0 QB's on the roster. We were always going to bring in at least two veteran QB's.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Skins front office is in shambles. That's why I don't see a trade coming this year. They will simply get nothing for him next year

Very real possibility
Originally posted by Jcool:
I don't doubt that he will be given the opportunity to start. However, Hoyer's feelings about the Niners trading for Cousins is irrelevant. Do you really think our FO would pass up an opportunity to land Cousins' to spare Brian Hoyer's (of all people) feelings? You're basically saying that Hoyer wouldn't have come here if didn't have the chance to start even though he's done exactly that several times over the course of his career.

So what exactly are you basing that on?

If the 49ers trade for Cousins, Hoyer is the backup. Could he be the backup anyway this year? Sure, the rookie or someone else they sign could beat him out. But at least then he has the opportunity to compete, something he will not get with Cousins.

Lol, sure man. Just like he had the "opportunity" to compete with Jay Cutler last year. And Josh McCown in Cleveland. And Matt Schaub in Houston.

All teams that had him riding the pine until they needed him to start.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Very real possibility
they can just tag him next year again

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Bridge QB maybe? Bridge to whom tho?

Watson.

Hmmmm.....

If Garrett is gone, Id be wit that
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Very real possibility

Not going to happen. The tag would be damn near $40 million, meaning they would've paid Cousins nearly $100 million for just three seasons of football.

Even the 'Skins aren't that stupid.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
thank goodness we stayed away from COUSINS !!!!

Very real possibility

Not going to happen. The tag would be damn near $40 million, meaning they would've paid Cousins nearly $100 million for just three seasons of football.

Even the 'Skins aren't that stupid.
well whats going on right now shows that they are

Very real possibility

At 35 mill for one year? Even for Wash thats unlikely. Lol wait, nvm, they could, its Wash.
Share 49ersWebzone