LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Cowboys expected to release Tony Romo within 2 weeks

Shop 49ers game tickets
only if we trade him to WAS for Cousins.
Romo needs to retire now, whilst he can still walk.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Not sure what the cowboys are doing over there. On the eve of F/A they only have about 4 million in cap space and are about too lose their own F/A's let alone other free agents and they are playing chicken with a $24 million QB that they clearly don't need with the hopes of landing what a 4th round pick??
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 6, 2017 at 11:40 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Just read they are going to have 21 F/A's this year....and they won't let go of Romo....
Originally posted by Zachary:
Pretty much Jets, broncos, Texans or bears

Only 2 of those are contenders: HOU and DEN.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Pretty much Jets, broncos, Texans or bears

Only 2 of those are contenders: HOU and DEN.

Jets won 10 with Fitzpatrick going off. But now no Marshall to throw to. I say Denver
I'd like to see Romo end up with the Texans rather than the Broncos.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I'd like to see Romo end up with the Texans rather than the Broncos.

Semien may be the loser if Romo goes to Denver. The Osweiler deal will officially be dubbed as a BUST!
Originally posted by robniner:
Semien may be the loser if Romo goes to Denver. The Osweiler deal will officially be dubbed as a BUST!

Texans need to just sign romo no hesitation. They won't be able to keep that monster d together much longer with contracts running out. They gotta eat the Brock signing as a loss. It's their chance to win a super bowl. Just a QB away. They have the d, the offense, the coaches.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18854803/dallas-cowboys-release-tony-romo-thursday

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
only if we trade him to WAS for Cousins.

I prefer Bree or Rivers than Cousins.
Originally posted by English:
Romo needs to retire now, whilst he can still walk.

Agreed , Tony could end up like Neil Lomax and live his remaining days in horrible pain , I cringe when I see players from back in the day struggling to move around, players like Earl Campbell and Neil Lomax struggled to get in and out of a vehicle, hard to watch
Man he needs to retire. I admire his love for the game but his health should be his number one priority. I'm not sure if he will be able to walk without assistance in 10-15 years. Ironically i traded for him in Madden and in the first game he broke his collarbone and was out for 6 weeks. If madden knows how fragile you are, then just let the game go and maybe just get into coaching.
To be fair Romo was always rushed back from injury because the Cowboys couldn't win without him in years past. He got to take a year and a half and heal up properly. He is probably healthier than ever.
[ Edited by JBrack on Mar 9, 2017 at 7:20 AM ]
Texans trade Brock and a second to Cleveland for a 4th.

Basically Cleveland paid ten million to swap a 4th for a 2nd. Wish niners did that.

Texans zeroing in on romo, making cap space.
Share 49ersWebzone