There are 196 users in the forums

Will Tom Brady eventually get traded?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Was thinking this at halftime of sb lol
Brady's not going anywhere...he'll retire when his play starts to decline. He's a very prideful player and won't be one of those guys who hangs on for the sake of hanging on. He'll know when the time's right. I honestly don't know where some of these questions come from...
Brady will retire a Patriot...he's not one of those players who IMHO would hang on for the sake of hanging on. He's too prideful for that...he'll know when it's time. I honestly don't know where some of these questions come from.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Bellichek would trade his own mother to if it meant winning another Super Bowl.

So true, I remember Steve talking about playing into his 40's before the big hit ended his career. Maybe Brady is that one person in a century that can continue to play at a high level at that advanced age. My take is that his play falls off a cliff sooner rather than later and Belichick pulls the plug in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I think the reason we traded Montana was that he couldn't stay healthy. That's not the case for Brady since pocket QBs are so well protected by rules these days. Plus I don't think garappolo is anywhere near Steven Young.

I agree, it's not impossible. If they had a good replacement. I'm sure they would make that trade in a heartbeat given Brady's age

The only smart decision the Niners had was to trade Montana. There was a future HOF QB sitting on the sidelines in his prime while Joe hadnt played a full season for over 2 years and was way past his best years.

The big difference though is Bradys health. He is still healthy and playing like an MVP. They wouldnt trade him now under any circumstances in my opinion. Now, give it another 2 years that could change. Sports has shown that anyone can be traded. Still, I would expect him to retire a Patriot.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
how could this fool be 40 and still play at an elite level. This is not normal.

He is an Anomaly. They surface every 20 years or so. Vinny Testacles was still firing off rockets and bomb s at age 45 in the NFL.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

He is an Anomaly. They surface every 20 years or so. Vinny Testacles was still firing off rockets and bomb s at age 45 in the NFL.

Helps when mobility was never part of your game. Don't lose what u never had
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Helps when mobility was never part of your game. Don't lose what u never had

It has been the perfect storm..
  • Great system
  • Great HC
  • Pocket passer with excellent lines
  • chip on his shoulder from being a 6th rd pick - making him work harder than everyone else
  • an era of advanced science and nutrition
  • league rules making it easier for a QB to last longer

Honestly, I doubt we will ever see this again.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Cisco0623.
Belicheck loves him. He will simply tell him when it's over. He would never humiliate him
Originally posted by SofaKing:
  • Highly unlikely
  • its not impossible
  • Brady is a different story though this is Tom Brady
  • He is Mr. Patriot and still performing at an elite level
  • He's arguably still the best QB in the game ...

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
  • He is the best chance they have to win
  • He will probably retire before he gets traded
  • If he drops off to that point he won't want to play anymore

Originally posted by English:
  • He isn't Clark Kent
  • Soon, the inevitable will start to happen
  • question is, will he accept it and walk away ...
  • or will he try to pretend he can just keep going on ?

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Bellichek would trade his own mother to if it meant winning another Super Bowl.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
  • He's a very prideful player and won't be one of those guys who hangs on for the sake of hanging on
  • He'll know when the time's right.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
... He is still healthy and playing like an MVP

Originally posted by crabman82:
re: @Ninerjohn ... Helps when mobility was never part of your game. Don't lose what u never had

This thread is still young (so far); these opinions sum up the OP' question for me.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 18, 2017 at 4:12 PM ]

Most likely scenario is his play declines. He retires. He's at the age now where once he breaks down it's over there's no reason for him to fight to do it with a new team. If he was 38 then it's I still have 1 last run. At 40-41 it's just hang em up.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Most likely scenario is his play declines. He retires. He's at the age now where once he breaks down it's over there's no reason for him to fight to do it with a new team. If he was 38 then it's I still have 1 last run. At 40-41 it's just hang em up.

This or an injury.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Laugh at me and call this thread stupid but it's not impossible to me. The patriots are known to trade great players away when they don't think they can contribute as much as they used to. Brady is still amazing but at 39 he's getting up there and they might think Jimmy G can play and start for them now. It's a long shot but even Montana was traded away, so it's never out of the question.

5 SB's, Kraft is going to let him retire on his own terms.
Why is this even a question. He'll 99.99% retire a patriot.
  • titan
  • Veteran
They would never kill the momentum they are on by trading Brady. Trading Brady would show changes and a shift in power. I think they will retire him as a Patriot unless he just absolutely don't want to be.
Share 49ersWebzone