There are 230 users in the forums

Who/what lost it for ATL?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who/what lost it for ATL?

Only troll Niner fans would say that allowing 31 unanswered pts was the Falcons OC's fault.
Up 28-3 and they let the patriots climb all the way back. This one is on the defense.
Falcons d was on the field the whole game 40 to 23. Of course the d was tired.

I blame this on Shanahan. Your strength is the offense. You only score 7 points in the 2nd half, 21 in the game. No excuse.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Feb 5, 2017 at 8:11 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Only troll Niner fans would say that allowing 31 unanswered pts was the Falcons OC's fault.

No but the overly aggressive play calling did....they should have scored a FG to possibly win it...dumb
The D was way too tired but the turning point was not the turnover. It was having the ball, 1st and 10 well in FG range and proceeding to lose 23 yards and punt the ball with no points scored.
The Pats woke up and took over the game. Winning the toss in overtime put the nail in the coffin for the Falcons
You're asking to lose when you send 3 and drop 8. The way to beat Brady is with pressure up the middle with stunts and delayed blitzing so he can't climb the pocket.
They let him get too comfortable and he picked them apart.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
The D was way too tired but the turning point was not the turnover. It was having the ball, 1st and 10 well in FG range and proceeding to lose 23 yards and punt the ball with no points scored.

I think when one of their RBs went down on that same drive, it definitely factored into the play calling, but still would've been smarter to run it down NE's throats and at least get 3 plus use up clock....
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
I think when one of their RBs went down on that same drive, it definitely factored into the play calling, but still would've been smarter to run it down NE's throats and at least get 3 plus use up clock....

For sure. The play calling wasn't great but even if they don't gain a yard passing the ball they can still kick the FG. Ryan didn't make great decisions and they took penalties to compound the issue. For those blaming Kyle, I don't think he deserves the brunt of the blame. You can't lose that game and the Falcons folded like a cheap suit.

Bad playcall and the sack. Perfect storm.
Arthur Blank coming down to the sidelines pulled a full Jerry Jones on that team. Arthur Blank should get that MVP.
Arthur Blank coming down from the sidelines should be an option in this poll.
  • KP82
Playing conservaball in the second half
Matty Ice choking at the end
On Matt Ryan's fumble, Jones was wide open and Ryan was beginning to throw to him. Had the RB done his job and just slowed down the guy that caused the fumble, shanahans pass call would be hailed for "killer instinct" etc.
Share 49ersWebzone