LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Fun but unlikely/impossible hypothetical question

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Not sure why everyone is hating on this idea. I mean....I know it would never happen, but the idea is IF it was offered to us.

Basically its a free 3rd round pick to pay Brock's salary for one season. Seeing as how we waste capspace on a regular basis, I dont see the harm in this. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Wait, Brock has 3 more seasons on his deal.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/brock-osweiler-9867/

I'mma need more than a 3rd rounder. This is basically draft pick compensation for taking another team's trash. Nothing says the 49ers would have to play him.
Originally posted by thl408:
Not sure why everyone is hating on this idea. I mean....I know it would never happen, but the idea is IF it was offered to us.

Basically its a free 3rd round pick to pay Brock's salary for one season. Seeing as how we waste capspace on a regular basis, I dont see the harm in this. I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'mma need more than a 3rd rounder. This is basically draft pick compensation for taking another team's trash. Nothing says the 49ers would have to play him.
then why even do it. you lose a QB spot on the depth chart and we need QBs, not trash
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Hell yeah!! I hope FO seriously considers it.

It's a new era, new 49ers and it's about time for a new mascot... he's pretty tall, he'll wear the costume well!!!

#
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

then why even do it. you lose a QB spot on the depth chart and we need QBs, not trash
For the draft pick(s).
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Id be down, hes from montana im from and live in montana and montana is for badass mofo's
No way..I dont want the guy from Twilight..

• LVJay
  • Veteran
If they gave us a 3rd? Maybe. His contract is pretty awful. Texans hands are tied, if they release or trade him they get hit with a whopping $25 mil in dead money against the cap in 2017. I think they are stuck with him for at least another year.
Can they take Marcus Martin from us?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If a trash truck driver gave you a $50 bill would you allow him to unload his truck in your driveway? Same thing Brock is garbage.

Not my money. I like it. John Lynch needs to read this thread.

btw this has been done in the NHL. The Sharks received a 1st rounder to take on a bad contract from the Devils so that the Devils could get under the cap.

Warriors did it too. Ended up with the last pick in the first round ( Festis Ezili ) had to eat Richard Jefferson's bad contract from the Spurs.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I'd do it. We don't have anyone with any starting experience on the roster once the new season starts. A trade doesn't guarantee him a starting gig however he'll have to earn that.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
He might be useful if we need to reach some things on really high shelves. For draft picks, I'm in.
I called it! Why didn't we do this

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 47s47 seconds agoMore

Stunner: Texans trade Brock Osweiler AND 2018 2nd-rd pick to CLEV for Browns to take Osweiler contract off Houston books, sources tell ESPN.
Good job gored49. You did call it!!!
Share 49ersWebzone