Shop 49ers game tickets

SUPER BOWL LI: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs ATLANTA FALCONS

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jrg:
i feel like DBW gets off when he has the "official" thread lol
seriously

Don't disrespect DBW. Dude is one of the best posters on the Zone.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
Patriots 28, Falcons 17. Matt Ryan throws a couple of picks

Tom gonna do Matt like Joe did Dan Marino.

38-17 NE
Belichick is the master @ scheming against the potent offenses like the Greatest Show on Turf, WCO (Eagles) and Run&Gun/Air Coryell (Panthers), especially with an extra week to prepare...it's telling his only losses in the SB have been against his former team (Giants)

This will be the ultimate litmus test for Kyle Shanahan and his WCO
Originally posted by SoCold:

38-17 NE

Interesting take, my only observations are that Marino was a 23 year old kid with less than 2 years experience. Ryan is 31 and has a taste of the big game when he went up against the Niners in the 2012 NFC Championship game. Steve Young says that a QB needs scar tissue, Ryan has plenty of that, Marino was a baby in those terms. This game will not be in Foxboro, and the Falcons offense can grind and make the big play. This is Ryan's and the Falcons time but 2012 was Kap's and the 49ers time and look what happened. The Pats will not come out throwing, they have to pound the rock in this one and keep Ryan on the sidelines. Interesting to see the matchup of offensive coordinators and how they attack.
34-31 Pats
Atlanta is gonna win and IMO it wont be that close.
Originally posted by SoCold:
38-17 NE
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Interesting take, my only observations are that Marino was a 23 year old kid with less than 2 years experience. Ryan is 31 and has a taste of the big game when he went up against the Niners in the 2012 NFC Championship game. Steve Young says that a QB needs scar tissue, Ryan has plenty of that, Marino was a baby in those terms. This game will not be in Foxboro, and the Falcons offense can grind and make the big play. This is Ryan's and the Falcons time but 2012 was Kap's and the 49ers time and look what happened ...
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Pats will not come out throwing, they have to pound the rock in this one and keep Ryan on the sidelines. Interesting to see the matchup of offensive coordinators and how they attack.

Although I agree with most of your answer to SoCold, here's another scenario for you:

ATL will win, because IMO, their weapons on "O", exceed those held by New England. True, Belichick will take away someone ...
problem for The Pats, that one Person/Someone won't be enough to stop ATL. We all know how Brady performs, when under pressure,
and once a few HITS are laid on him. I'm sure Quinn see it, if we do !!!

To address the bold - I agree they will need to keep Ryan, off the field as much as possible ... otherwise, they are done for. For no matter
how good their "D" may be, you can't expect them to stop ATL' "O" all night. One of Kyle' strengths -- which he touched on in an interview --
is his ability to adjust to a/the situation and the player: whether it be in a training camp, while preparing for an upcoming season, the week
before a game, or in-game (under fire).

I expect New England, to come out Smokin', and try to establish a lead. If successful, then revert to the action you suggested, which is to
"Pound the Rock" in hopes of keeping ATL' "O" on the sidelines. 'Cause in a straight-up Shoot Out (IMO), the Pats don't stand a chance.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Atlanta to win one for Mr. Blank!!

Pats had the easiest schedule....I think falcons pull this one out
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Falcons 31
Pats 28

I predicted the same exact score . Let's go falcons
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Falcons 31
Pats 28

Falcons 31
Patriots 27

No way NE is going 4/4 in the red zone. They'll kick a late FG, and try and fail an onside kick; Julio Jones catches it. Matt Ryan ends the game on a knee.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Jan 23, 2017 at 11:41 PM ]
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Falcons 31
Pats 28

Falcons 31
Patriots 27

No way NE is going 4/4 in the red zone. They'll kick a late FG, and try and fail an onside kick; Julio Jones catches it. Matt Ryan ends the game on a knee.

U could be right, but would u honestly be shocked if Brady was 4/4 in the red zone???
  • fan49
  • Veteran
falcons for the win. they're on a roll right now.
Share 49ersWebzone