LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Tom Brady-Ageless Wonder

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I would bet he is on some form or another of HGH. Many players use it, particularly those closer to the end than the beginning. I can't blame them for trying to hang on for a few more years of big checks, glory and love of the game. I would most likely do it too.

Lots of current and former players talk about how rampant it is so when I see someone like Brady or Peyton Manning actually getting better when other quarterbacks their age broke down and long retired I have to question it.

With that stout oline and players who have chips on their shoulders that would break their back for Bellicheck, it's not that complicated. These aren't high draft picks that are big and super talented. These are disciplined players that are just happy to play football with speed and technical awareness.
I would bet he is on some form or another of HGH. Many players use it, particularly those closer to the end than the beginning. I can't blame them for trying to hang on for a few more years of big checks, glory and love of the game. I would most likely do it too.

Lots of current and former players talk about how rampant it is so when I see someone like Brady or Peyton Manning actually getting better when other quarterbacks their age broke down and long retired I have to question it.

We just watched Peyton physically break down. He didn't get better as he got older
You don't break down when no one in the league is allowed to hit you.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I can't stand Brady but he's GOAT at QB. Can't deny that...it's not even a debate for me.

No reason to hate on the man. If the 49ers brain trust had a clue in the last 20 years Brady would have been a 49er and we would have held onto our WCO roots. With that in mind I can't hold the 49ers' organization's cluelessness against him. I just have to begrudgingly accept that another organization had the wisdom that the 49ers lacked. The crappy aspect is that the Patriots carried on the 49ers' legacy while the 49ers organization itself has floundered.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

With that stout oline and players who have chips on their shoulders that would break their back for Bellicheck, it's not that complicated. These aren't high draft picks that are big and super talented. These are disciplined players that are just happy to play football with speed and technical awareness.

Good call Tony!
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
who's fingers would you rather sniff?

Brady's?

or

Edelman's?

edelman's for me.

I'd love to be the 5th wheel at that party.

I love her

ALOT

Adriana Lima
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 23, 2017 at 2:39 AM ]
I'm not a Brady fan but I have to give him props for the following story-

Martellus Bennett's Story About Tom Brady Team Meeting Speech Will Give You Chills

When you hear this story from Martellus Bennett, you'll understand why all of Tom Brady's teammates love playing with the New England Patriots legend. Bennett, who retired earlier this offseason, appeared Friday morning on FS1's "First Things First," where he opened up about what it was like to play with Brady and the Patriots. The entire interview is really interesting, but if you're a Brady diehard, nothing will beat Bennett's story about a players meeting in the week before the 2016 AFC Championship Game.

"They ain't stand a chance because of this night. We were having night meetings because we were playing at night. All the coaches leave and Tom stands up in front of the team. And in that moment he said a compliment for every single guy on the team that meant something from that guy as a person, as a player from scout team to Gronk. He knew every single player, what they had been doing, how they're developing, what they're getting better at. And I'm in there like I've never seen anything like this.

It was no like, 'Rah, rah,' 'Any Given Sunday' speech, you know, Al Pacino or anything like that — every single player was different." The Patriots went on to win that game 36-17 — and it wasn't even that close. See the full interview below with the Brady stories starting around the 5-minute mark.
Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/04/martellus-bennetts-story-about-tom-bradys-pregame-meeting-will-give-you-chills/
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
No reason to hate on the man. If the 49ers brain trust had a clue in the last 20 years Brady would have been a 49er and we would have held onto our WCO roots. With that in mind I can't hold the 49ers' organization's cluelessness against him. I just have to begrudgingly accept that another organization had the wisdom that the 49ers lacked. The crappy aspect is that the Patriots carried on the 49ers' legacy while the 49ers organization itself has floundered.

Oh come on! Tom Brady was drafted #199 in the 6th round.Yet only the 49ers get lambasted for cluelessness. And the Patriots, who picked him up with a compensatory pick in the 6th have wisdom and the 49ers don't. The rest of the NFL get a free pass.

Ridiculous attitude.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Oh come on! Tom Brady was drafted #199 in the 6th round.Yet only the 49ers get lambasted for cluelessness. And the Patriots, who picked him up with a compensatory pick in the 6th have wisdom and the 49ers don't. The rest of the NFL get a free pass.

Ridiculous attitude.

Totally agree with English here.

6th round QB means the Patriots just got lucky.

Joe Montana at 3rd round is luck too, but not quite the same level. And if the Cowboys wanted Montana, they would have taken him from us!!

Brady might be the only 6th round QB in NFL history that was even a franchise QB let alone in the discussion of greatest ever. Just think about that for a second....

Undrafted free agent is different, but even so not many QBs there (Romo).

In hindsight, Brady might have worked with Mariucci......but to be with a Belichick might have been the difference.

Right now Garoppolo is in a situation with no limitations, IMHO.

Brady, Rodgers as great as they are would not have been in the same 49er situation as JG......so I won't cry too much about it.

Alex Smith could have been drafted by the Packers and possibly won a Super Bowl with them.

You never know.

Dude is showing his age. Will be surprised if his arm makes it much past this coming year. On several plays against Pitt last year when he had to shuffle up and lat from the rush and throw the ball came out like a duck. Looked old. Have to watch the philm.
[ Edited by socal1632 on Apr 15, 2018 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I love her

ALOT

Adriana Lima

Boots, boots the monkey?

Originally posted by SoCold:
I'd love to be the 5th wheel at that party.
Oh
And that.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Apr 15, 2018 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
We just watched Peyton physically break down. He didn't get better as he got older

No we didnt. His 3rd to last and 2nd to last seasons of his career were brilliant. His 3rd to last can easilg be described as the best of his career.

Just his last year he fell off.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Apr 15, 2018 at 10:01 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Without out a doubt Brady is on HGH.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Without out a doubt Brady is on HGH.

who in the NFL isnt?
Share 49ersWebzone