LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

SD Chargers moving to LA

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If he left by now we could have been awarded a new franchise and have been better off.

Yeah.... No we wouldn't. NFL isn't expanding.
What's the big deal the Chargers are going home, they were originally the Los Angeles Chargers back in 1960. Their only season in LA.
They should build their own stadium in OC

California Chargers of Anaheim
What a s**t fest I'm in the LA market so it's gonna be 2 teams they gonna show over niners.
Most charger fans reside in the IE and irvine area anyways.. they know if they come to LA people will support both teams being as one is AFC and the other is NFC... There is diversity in socal they like so many different teams down here unlike up north alls you see is 9er or raider fans.. I'm one of many Socal 9er fans been a 9er fan my whole life all because Jerry Rice was my favorite player.. the GOAT. Faithful through the good and the bad here's hoping for York to catch lightning in a bottle and not mess it up this time!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
What's the big deal the Chargers are going home, they were originally the Los Angeles Chargers back in 1960. Their only season in LA.

Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
Most charger fans reside in the IE and irvine area anyways.. they know if they come to LA people will support both teams being as one is AFC and the other is NFC... There is diversity in socal they like so many different teams down here unlike up north alls you see is 9er or raider fans.. I'm one of many Socal 9er fans been a 9er fan my whole life all because Jerry Rice was my favorite player.. the GOAT. Faithful through the good and the bad here's hoping for York to catch lightning in a bottle and not mess it up this time!

i was surprised how many steelers and cowboys they are down there.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Better the chargers than the raiders. Surely they will go to Las Vegas now
Color scheme of the Rams and Chargers is too similar. I don't know why that bothers me lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Color scheme of the Rams and Chargers is too similar. I don't know why that bothers me lol.

saves time when the Inglewood stadium is built

padding along the walls around the field will be switched faster

seats won't have to be a drab neutral color like green or gray

This effing sucks for me. I live in SD and get free and awesome seats to the games from one of the players. Guess that hook up is out the window.

Spanos never wanted to stay in SD. He proposed that BS stadium downtown that would have been awful for locals. He always wanted LA and its media and corporate markets. This s**te has me pissed.

They probably won't stay the Chargers.

I see a rebrand coming. Probably switch color scheme to purple and gold and call themselves the Aftershocks, or Sharks or something.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Jan 11, 2017 at 9:58 PM ]
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

They probably won't stay the Chargers.

I see a rebrand coming. Probably switch color scheme to purple and gold and call themselves the Aftershocks, or Sharks or something.

that's a shame if they do that.
San Diego.. LA.. 2 hours away.. no bigge..
Lol San Diego. Their only major team now are the Padres.

Share 49ersWebzone