There are 213 users in the forums

Sean McDermott: Bills head coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408

Defensive Philosophy: 4-3 Zone

https://draftexaminer.com/2016/04/07/nfl-defensive-scheme-notes/
McDermott is a discipline of Jim Johnson, who uses a similarly aggressive, zone-blitz scheme behind a four-man defensive line with a one-gap alignment in order to create confusion and get mismatches. Rushes often and from various different angles (often in the "A" gaps), but also knows when to be more conservative and work through more basic zone looks, relying on his front four to generate pressure, freeing up more varied looks in the back seven.

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/21796/two-truths-and-a-lie-make-sean-mcdermott-a-great-defensive-coordinator
"In order to build chemistry you've got to really know one another," McDermott said before the Panthers broke camp on Tuesday. "I want guys to spend time with one another, really get to know one another and care for one another. At the end of the day it's about love and trust."
  • thl408
Defensive scheme overhaul if this guy comes on board. From 3-4 to 4-3. From predominantly man concepts to zone.
I like him but we needed an offensive minded coach. With a new QB coming in we need someone who can coach him up
*Yawn*
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If we had a veteran QB and an established offense we could go with defensive guy but we need to find a QB develop him so that pretty much means we have to go with an offensive coach just to avoid and Alice Smith revolving OC door situation.
I dig this guy
Originally posted by susweel:
If we had a veteran QB and an established offense we could go with defensive guy but we need to find a QB develop him so that pretty much means we have to go with an offensive coach just to avoid and Alice Smith revolving OC door situation.

Stop it. We're agreeing on too much, it's freaking me out.
Nope.
  • thl408
Aw come on guys, can you feel the love? It's not about wins, it's about love and trust. If this guy flames out he can always be a marriage counselor.

"In order to build chemistry you've got to really know one another," McDermott said before the Panthers broke camp on Tuesday. "I want guys to spend time with one another, really get to know one another and care for one another. At the end of the day it's about love and trust."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:

Stop it. We're agreeing on too much, it's freaking me out.

You are finally learning from all the years I've been teaching the game to you guys.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
My question to this guy would be, If hired, who does he have on mind as his OC..

because whoever the OC in Carolina right now, it can't be the same in SF... that guy is gonna get CAM killed w/his high school offense..
word is they like him in buffalo
Originally posted by 9moon:
My question to this guy would be, If hired, who does he have on mind as his OC..

because whoever the OC in Carolina right now, it can't be the same in SF... that guy is gonna get CAM killed w/his high school offense..

MIke Mccoy
Not a bad coaching candidate but he is not for us.
No thanks. Like Young said, you can't hire a defensive guy in San Francisco. But good for York on doing his due diligence on interviewing as many people as he can.
Share 49ersWebzone