There are 136 users in the forums

Does Chip Kelly deserve a last fair shot as a NFL HC?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Does Chip Kelly deserve a last fair shot as a NFL HC?

Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
I don't ever want to see our entire offense stand, get into stance, stand again and look at the sideline ever again.

Ever.

This
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
UCLA is a good fit for Kelly...I watched the Cal-Bruins game last night and the broadcasters were saying a lot of the UCLA players were pretty ticked that Mora got fired. Be that as it may, I think they have a considerably more dynamic HC now. Chip's back in his element...some college coaches just aren't right for the NFL...like Nick Saban, Spurrier and a number of others who're just much better coaching/developing the youngsters. You can bet Armstead & Buckner are happy for Kelly. I'm expecting he'll transform UCLA into a much more competitive team...one that can play some defense as well as a hurry-up offense. Rosen got hurt last night...will miss their game with Utah but should be ok for their bowl game, wherever/whenever it is. I wonder if Kelly can talk him into staying for his senior season...whether he comes out this year or next, I see him as the #1 QB drafted. On a side note, having seen him in 3-4 games this season, I'm very impressed with Cal RB Patrick Laird...once he really got rolling he showed he's a tough runner with a nice burst and he can catch the ball, although Cal doesn't throw to their backs much, their passing attack's mostly to their WR's. He's a guy to watch...a junior who might come out.

He's a college coach, pure and simple. He needs that larger roster.

Best of luck to him.
good luck to him at UCLA. I was gonna attend there but I had a hard time getting in cause of my major so the school has a soft spot for me. If he succeeds I don't see him going back to the pros unless during this past year he has completely reworked his offense, which isn't fun because that what makes him Chip Kelly. Gonna be fun seeing UCLA relevant to college football, I don't remember the last time they were top 10.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
good luck to him at UCLA. I was gonna attend there but I had a hard time getting in cause of my major so the school has a soft spot for me. If he succeeds I don't see him going back to the pros unless during this past year he has completely reworked his offense, which isn't fun because that what makes him Chip Kelly. Gonna be fun seeing UCLA relevant to college football, I don't remember the last time they were top 10.

Might have to further get into college football further now.. I like Chip Go Bruins!

Truly do think the last 4-5 years being away from the college game and working in the media helped him evolve as a person and coach. Him recruiting right out of SoCal could be scary. Everyone's gonna wanna play in his offense.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

What is your major if you don't mind me asking?
Share 49ersWebzone