There are 272 users in the forums

Trent Baalke and chip discussion thread.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Glazer is always on point.
As some posters already stated in another thread, Kelly was safe according to him.
I feel bad for Chip. I really thought he learned from his mistakes, personnel wise. Baalke is the biggest b***h in NFL history, if that Gase story and the undermining Chip story is true.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I feel bad for Chip. I really thought he learned from his mistakes, personnel wise. Baalke is the biggest b***h in NFL history, if that Gase story and the undermining Chip story is true.
This.
Originally posted by communist:
Lol, now he is incompetent because he vetoed a QB in round 4? If Dak were the real deal, he would be gone way earlier than that. Perhaps we should avoid any personnel guy from the Patriots because they missed out on Prescott as well.
Wow dude why you trippin on a Dude who screwed the 9ers 20 ways to Sunday,Baalke is an a*****e who could not drft a WR to save His life and yet you are arguing with guys on here defending this Ego-manic a*****e.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Wow dude why you trippin on a Dude who screwed the 9ers 20 ways to Sunday,Baalke is an a*****e who could not drft a WR to save His life and yet you are arguing with guys on here defending this Ego-manic a*****e.
Please look up the word "decency".

don`t have to I know the definition

Knowing it is the one thing...I get if someone calls Michael Vick an a*****e due to the illegal dog fights he organized but calling a former GM like that because he allegedly failed at his job is just way too much.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

You mean that thing Baalke doesn't have?

Knowing it is the one thing...I get if someone calls Michael Vick an a*****e due to the illegal dog fights he organized but calling a former GM like that because he allegedly failed at his job is just way too much.

You can be an a*****e without killing animals. Undermining your teams own head coach for example would qualify someone for that description.

What has Vick to do with Baalke screwing the 9ers 20 ways to Sunday

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You can be an a*****e without killing animals. Undermining your teams own head coach for example would qualify someone for that description.
If this is true.
<crickets>
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont know why the mods feel the need to delete all baalke threads he is still relevant and all of his miscues need to be discussed.

Jay Glazer reporting Chip Kelly knew Trent Baalke was undermining him in recent weeks. #49ers

Here is a full transcript of Glazer's comments, followed by video.

He's learned from the Philly thing. I talked to him last night, I've talked to him for the last few days. When he got brought in there by Jed York, here's what happened. For weeks and weeks and weeks, he's known that Trent Baalke has been trying to undermine him and get him out. And other people said, go in there and defend yourself. And he's kinda learned from the Philly thing, I'm not gonna do that. I'm just gonna go, I'm gonna coach, I have my chance.

And he really thought that, like the Colin Kaepernick thing like you said, that locker room never fell apart, and we were talking about that on presidential debates. And that locker room didn't fall apart, so you're right, he did a phenomenal job. I don't think he saw it coming, well he told me last night, he didn't see it coming that badly. But here's a guy, in Trent Baalke, who, he has been controversial because of his role in the Jim Harbaugh affair. Went back to Singletary before that. Jim Tomsula.

And then I reported yesterday on FOX NFL Sunday that two years ago, they were hiring Adam Gase for that job instead of Jim Tomsula. They were hiring Adam Gase. John Lynch knows, he was back in Denver, packing his stuff up to go to San Francisco, and at the last second, Trent Baalke went to the owner and completely undercut it. And Gase, I talked to Gase about it, and he is still angry and bitter about it. So, 49er fans could have had Adam Gase this entire time, if there wasn't so much politics that went on inside that organization.

So, the politics are gone, Trent Baalke's out of there, obviously, Chip is out of there. Chip is saying to me last night, I'll go be an offensive coordinator somewhere. He wants to be a football guy.

York kind of threw both Chip and Baalke under the bus for publicly fighting against each other. Might have been the straw that broke the camels back and got him fired.
Are you calling Glazer a liar? Why would he make that transcript and ruin his reputation on a false report?
Ever thought that the "source" could be one of Jed's yes men?

Ever thought that Glazer is typically right on with his accurate reports? I just dont believe he would risk his reputation and put this out if it wasnt on target.
Glazer is the only one who is reporting that. And like stated, the Gase-story is two years old.
Since when does a sports journalist care about his reputation?

It's his job. It's how he makes his living, feeds the family , pays the bills. So reputation it kinda, sorta important in his line of work. What about you? Do you care about your reputation at work?
If this is true.

"If"....good grief, of course Baalke undermined Kelly (and Harbaugh), just as his dumb a** passed on Prescott when I have no doubt at all Kelly wanted him...unless of course one wants to perpetuate the nonsense from the Baalke Cheer Squad that Kelly was perfectly fine with the dogs**t he knew he had been saddled with at QB and wouldn't want a guy who was a 3-yr starter on a relatively weak SEC team Prescott made better while running almost identical offense to Kelly's and playing for Dan Mullen, Kelly's hometown buddy from NH.

Yeah that makes so much sense, Kelly was like "I don't need a competent QB, f**k it, let's draft more DBs instead, and make sure at least one will be an ACL project!"
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 2, 2017 at 8:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone