LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Trent Baalke and chip discussion thread.

Shop 49ers game tickets
f**king Trent.

Tomsula? Come on man.

Hopefully, he is moving to Alaska.

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/25/former-49ers-gm-trent-baalke-puts-bay-area-on-market/
Still can't believe Baalke hired Tomsula over Gase.... AND JED ALLOWED IT. If I were the owner I would fire Baalke on the spot for even suggesting to hire Tomsula...
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Still can't believe Baalke hired Tomsula over Gase.... AND JED ALLOWED IT. If I were the owner I would fire Baalke on the spot for even suggesting to hire Tomsula...

Not hard to believe Trent had a huge ego problem and thought he was smarter then everyone else.He needed a puppet who he could control and Tomsula fit that bill.Players were even saying that year that Trent was coaching them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
this pos probably stole this stuff from niner headquarters, he does not deserve this stuff

Originally posted by susweel:
this pos probably stole this stuff from niner headquarters, he does not deserve this stuff

Stole?

Dude was probably too busy selling signed memorabilia than scouting for the draft
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Hopefully, he is moving to Alaska.

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/25/former-49ers-gm-trent-baalke-puts-bay-area-on-market/

Remember how he supposedly had a job lined up in Denver...
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Jed probably gave it to him in an effort to erase the past.

now, all of the sudden, a meddling owner is acceptable.
What happened to the reports that trent would be landing with the broncos when fired?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
What happened to the reports that trent would be landing with the broncos when fired?

The last of his leaks...
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/17/former-49ers-gm-sells-bay-area-home/

• jcs
  • Veteran
Did Chip ever get another job?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:

Not hard to believe Trent had a huge ego problem and thought he was smarter then everyone else.He needed a puppet who he could control and Tomsula fit that bill.Players were even saying that year that Trent was coaching them.

Wow, I haven't been here since Harbaugh was fired, and this is the first I've heard of this story. Wow, just wow. Glad he's gone.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
My 2 cents on Baalke, was "meh" with the hire at the time because I wanted us to hire someone outside the organization(hmm..). he got off to a promising start by hiring Harbaugh, solid 2011 draft,& signing key FAs after the lockout, everyone began singing his praise and it may have gotten to his head,after a period of time he seemed to be so sure that this roster was so stacked regardless if it was 2013 or 2016, he almost ignored free agency entirely(especially after 2012) and when questioned he promised that we'd "build through the draft" but he arrogantly picked project players with injuries, or "best player available" when he should have been trying to trade up with all the draft picks he stockpiled for a potential star that could've maybe helped close the gap for a championship or fill glaring roster holes, he was so certain that this was an elite roster that he thought any idiot(cough Tomsula) could coach this team and still compete. Never met the guy but he came off as a smug arrogant prick with a deflating ego. It doesn't help that he's clashed with every single head coach he's worked with. He did a few things right, but should be nothing more than a scout from here on out. Hopefully we can stay away from the Mike Nolan/ Bill Parcells influence
Share 49ersWebzone