There are 195 users in the forums

Your best guess at our FO/Head Coach in 2017?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think there's no question that there are going to be changes it's just a matter of how drastic they are going to be. Here's my best guess:

CEO/Owner: Jed York- Goes more into an ownership and business role instead of handling day to day football operations (per Chip that's what he has been doing).

VP/Executive Role: Mike Holmgren- I would reach higher for someone like Bill Polian here but I doubt he takes the job. We need someone who knows football and how to run a team. Obviously Holmgren has a 49er connection and was part of our glory days, which the Yorks like. Things didn't go so hot in Cleveland but he won't control personnel in SF and would be more in a senior advisory role.

GM: Tom Gamble- Jed plays it safe and promotes Gamble, who has interviewed for GM positions in the past. His connection to Kelly is big here as I believe Jed really wants it to work out with Kelly. Handles all personnel and Free Agency has been one of his focuses which is obviously something we need to hit NOW.

Option B: Eliot Wolf- Holmgren has a connection with Wolf as his dad Ron hired him as Head Coach in GB. Wolf is apparently a hot commodity in FO circles and would be the type of new blood needed in our current FO.

Head Coach: Chip Kelly- I don't see him leaving unless we go for a Jon Gruden (Holmgren connection) or Sean Payton type hire, which would appease the fan base for now. Keeping Chip won't make everyone happy but we'll definitely target a QB to bring on and add some weapons to the offense which will give him an actual chance to succeed.
Who I want

VP of football:anyone but the yorks
GM: baby wolfe or the asst. gm in baltimore
HC: whoever the GM decides. (i have no ideal candidates atm)

Reality:

VP of football:jed
GM: Gamble or paraghe (doesn't deserve correct spelling of last name)
HC: kelly or someone with less of a football IQ than Jim O'neil....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Who I want

VP of football:anyone but the yorks
GM: baby wolfe or the asst. gm in baltimore
HC: whoever the GM decides. (i have no ideal candidates atm)

Reality:

VP of football:jed
GM: Gamble or paraghe (doesn't deserve correct spelling of last name)
HC: kelly or someone with less of a football IQ than Jim O'neil....

Exactly this, but replace asst. gm in Baltimore with the dude from New England, and for preferred HC, ideal candidates would include Kyle Shanahan and Josh McDaniels. I'm sure there would be more.

I was going to make a similar topic myself (who do you think will be fired, Baalke, Kelly or both/neither?) but this topic works too.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Exactly this, but replace asst. gm in Baltimore with the dude from New England, and for preferred HC, ideal candidates would include Kyle Shanahan and Josh McDaniels. I'm sure there would be more.

I was going to make a similar topic myself (who do you think will be fired, Baalke, Kelly or both/neither?) but this topic works too.

I want no part of mcdaniels. I don't trust him at all. Kyle Shannahan is a popular name but im not sold on him either. And that dude from NE, while i wouldn't be too mad about that, i think that asst gm in baltimore has learned from the best GM for 20 years in Newsome!
No one gets fired and Jed York has a press conference to tell us to trust the process
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one gets fired and Jed York has a press conference to tell us to trust the process

I'll wait until my warning goes down to 65 percent before I speak my mind about what would happen if Jed would pull this s**t.

off topic: What happened to my boy, jahlil okafor? I thought he was going to be a beast in Philly.
someone absolutely nailed in the another post. This is so damn probable it's not even funny.

Originally posted by midrdan:

My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
2. Gamble is named VP of Player Personnel.
3. Chip stays.
4. We hire a new Defensive Coordinator. Unlikely to be anyone of substance.

... And that's it.

Marathe and Jed will hold a press conference. The talk will be about how Marathe has been a fan of the team forever and has studied football and has grown into this position. Jed will throw in a line like "And Tommy (Gamble) is here to assist with the draft and scouting, etc."

Year 1 of "new regime": We make a splash in FA and draft a QB of the future. But our defense sucks something awful once more. 5-11. York cites progress.

Year 2 of "new regime": Our offense finally looks good. QB is promising. Kelly and Gamble purge a few of our defensive players and fire the D.C. after yet another horrible defensive performance. 7-9. York states we are on the verge.

Year 3 of "new regime": Regression on offensive side of ball. QB fails to take the next step. Defense still horrible. 6-10. York states "No one had higher expectations for this year than me." Kelly fired. Staff fired. Marathe stays and hires the new coach - think a defensive minded coach here.

Years 4-5: All the high draft picks are finally gelling. New coach gets the defense playing really good. But offensively we are flatlined with our QB of the future failing to ascend into a franchise player. But because the offensive coordinator changes twice it's all about how hard it is for the young QB to be learning a new system each year. We go 8-8 both years.

I want no part of mcdaniels. I don't trust him at all. Kyle Shannahan is a popular name but im not sold on him either. And that dude from NE, while i wouldn't be too mad about that, i think that asst gm in baltimore has learned from the best GM for 20 years in Newsome!

Hiring a coordinator is difficult/risky but sometimes to finally have some coaching continuity, you need to hire young, fresh blood. It worked when the Packers hired Mike McCarthy, when the Steelers hired Mike Tomlin, when the Ravens hired John Harbaugh, when the Saints hired Sean Payton, heck it's only been one season but look at the magic Ben McAdoo has going with the Giants and Adam Gase with the Dolphins. These guys all had to start somewhere.

Granted, McDaniels would be extremely risky because his season in St. Louis was absolutely awful compared to how he's been with Brady and the Patriots. But that was also five years ago.

Let's face it, given the state we are in, if we ultimately decide to move on from Chip Kelly, McDaniels or Shanahan would be great hires.

Jed Baalke Chip

Maybe Jed Gamble Chip if we're lucky

Hiring a coordinator is difficult/risky but sometimes to finally have some coaching continuity, you need to hire young, fresh blood. It worked when the Packers hired Mike McCarthy, when the Steelers hired Mike Tomlin, when the Ravens hired John Harbaugh, when the Saints hired Sean Payton, heck it's only been one season but look at the magic Ben McAdoo has going with the Giants and Adam Gase with the Dolphins. These guys all had to start somewhere.

Granted, McDaniels would be extremely risky because his season in St. Louis was absolutely awful compared to how he's been with Brady and the Patriots. But that was also five years ago.

Let's face it, given the state we are in, if we ultimately decide to move on from Chip Kelly, McDaniels or Shanahan would be great hires.

Jed has a hard on for Josh Mcdaniels
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

...source?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

...source?

he turned them down bc he had reservations about our FO (JED)
This first Monday morning in January, as Jed sits in his breakfast nook, making up football plays using a silver spoon to maneuver little nuggets of Count Chocula and Frankenberry cereal across a field of creamy white milk, thinking wistfully about how it could have been, Paraang will be at the office down at 4949, continuing his work developing advanced analytics on about 500 college players for the 2017 Draft.
He'll then pass these stacks of data onto some random soon to be appointed tool for the blueprint by which this GINO (GM In Name Only) will select the players best suited to play Chip Kelly's brand of football. For the next four years of Chips contract.
Share 49ersWebzone