LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Black Monday

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by stefano89:
Originally posted by midrdan:
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
2. Gamble is named VP of Player Personnel.
3. Chip stays.
4. We hire a new Defensive Coordinator. Unlikely to be anyone of substance.

... And that's it.

Marathe and Jed will hold a press conference. The talk will be about how Marathe has been a fan of the team forever and has studied football and has grown into this position. Jed will throw in a line like "And Tommy (Gamble) is here to assist with the draft and scouting, etc."

Year 1 of "new regime": We make a splash in FA and draft a QB of the future. But our defense sucks something awful once more. 5-11. York cites progress.

Year 2 of "new regime": Our offense finally looks good. QB is promising. Kelly and Gamble purge a few of our defensive players and fire the D.C. after yet another horrible defensive performance. 7-9. York states we are on the verge.

Year 3 of "new regime": Regression on offensive side of ball. QB fails to take the next step. Defense still horrible. 6-10. York states "No one had higher expectations for this year than me." Kelly fired. Staff fired. Marathe stays and hires the new coach - think a defensive minded coach here.

Years 4-5: All the high draft picks are finally gelling. New coach gets the defense playing really good. But offensively we are flatlined with our QB of the future failing to ascend into a franchise player. But because the offensive coordinator changes twice it's all about how hard it is for the young QB to be learning a new system each year. We go 8-8 both years.

f u for throwing out such a realistic, dark dark dark sorrowful possibility.

I was crying when I wrote it. You start with the lowest expectations possible and work from there.
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.

... And that's it.

Marathe and Jed will hold a press conference. The talk will be about how Marathe has been a fan of the team forever and has studied football and has grown into this position. Jed will throw in a line like "And Tommy (Gamble) is here to assist with the draft and scouting, etc."

Year 1 of "new regime": We make a splash in FA and draft a QB of the future. But our defense sucks something awful once more. 5-11. York cites progress.

Year 2 of "new regime": Our offense finally looks good. QB is promising. Kelly and Gamble purge a few of our defensive players and fire the D.C. after yet another horrible defensive performance. 7-9. York states we are on the verge.

Year 3 of "new regime": Regression on offensive side of ball. QB fails to take the next step. Defense still horrible. 6-10. York states "No one had higher expectations for this year than me." Kelly fired. Staff fired. Marathe stays and hires the new coach - think a defensive minded coach here.

Years 4-5: All the high draft picks are finally gelling. New coach gets the defense playing really good. But offensively we are flatlined with our QB of the future failing to ascend into a franchise player. But because the offensive coordinator changes twice it's all about how hard it is for the young QB to be learning a new system each year. We go 8-8 both years.

I was crying when I wrote it. You start with the lowest expectations possible and work from there.

What happens after the two 8-8 seasons?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.

... And that's it.

This is exactly why I don't understand how people say it can't get worse. It can get worse by bring a mediocre crap franchise for years and years and years.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.

... And that's it.

What happened last time basically ... there will be enough accumulated talent on the roster to attract a real HC. He will enjoy a 2-3 year window of success until those players age (whereas a competent staff and FO would have had a 6-7 year window) and then he will get fired for underperforming and the cycle will repeat.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Monday bloody Monday
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Black Monday is all we have to look foward to now a days

It'll be Red & Gold Monday for us!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
13 days
It will be funny if there's no change in management or coaching come black Monday.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
It will be funny if there's no change in management or coaching come black Monday.

That would be funny.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.

... And that's it.

curse you for this ....this would be a nightmare

Originally posted by father49er:

Yeah that would be soooooooooo funny

• Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

The team gets renamed to the Trumpville Trumps in the Trumptopia Trumpball League because Jed gets an offer he can't refuse.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
12 days
Originally posted by mayo49:
12 days

woooooooooooooooo
Baalke has packed up at least two items by now, guaranteed
Share 49ersWebzone