There are 161 users in the forums

Jaguars fire Gus Bradley

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Media overhyped them the whole offseason

A lot of people here bought into it too. "Why aren't we being aggressive on free agency like the Jaguars?"

Yet another example of why throwing gobs of money around for free agents is rarely a good idea.

I don't think it was b/c of FA's. I think most thought Bortles was taking the next step. He put up some big numbers with Robinson and Hurns. Just like ppl were saying the Raiders were going to take the next step b/c of Carr. I think Carr took the next step and Bortles took a step backwards. Besides Malik Jackson I don't recall them getting many big names in free agency last year.

I didn't say his failure as a coach was because of the free agents. Just that when teams go crazy in FA, very rarely does it work out for them.

The Jags spent a lot of money on defense this past offseason and their defense still sucks.

Can't blame that on Bortles.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Media overhyped them the whole offseason

A lot of people here bought into it too. "Why aren't we being aggressive on free agency like the Jaguars?"

Yet another example of why throwing gobs of money around for free agents is rarely a good idea.

I don't think it was b/c of FA's. I think most thought Bortles was taking the next step. He put up some big numbers with Robinson and Hurns. Just like ppl were saying the Raiders were going to take the next step b/c of Carr. I think Carr took the next step and Bortles took a step backwards. Besides Malik Jackson I don't recall them getting many big names in free agency last year.

I didn't say his failure as a coach was because of the free agents. Just that when teams go crazy in FA, very rarely does it work out for them.

The Jags spent a lot of money on defense this past offseason and their defense still sucks.

Can't blame that on Bortles.

Their defense does not suck. The Jags have probably the best young defense in the league. They'll be top-10 for years, if not top-5.

They have too much talent to be s**tty. The free agents haven't screwed them. They have just lost so many close games this season.

Give their offense some stability (or Fournette) and they're a playoff contender. Yeldon and Ivory aren't the answer, but the Oline is also to blame. They've invested so much in the defense. It's time for them to focus on the offense and then they'll turn the corner. I'd swap rosters with them in a heartbeat.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 25, 2016 at 6:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone