LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Should Paraag Marathe be the 49ers Next General Manager

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should Paraag Marathe be the 49ers Next General Manager

• Goatie
  • Veteran

Should Paraag Marathe be the 49er's next General Manager?
Why is this a thead? Sorry lock it up
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nobody ever seems to want to talk about him when talking about changes to the FO despite the fact that he is the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

People suggest hiring a EVP of Football Operations or a Football Expert as if the Yorks haven't already filled that role. For whatever reason people seem to think all he does is contracts.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nobody ever seems to want to talk about him when talking about changes to the FO despite the fact that he is the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

People suggest hiring a EVP of Football Operations or a Football Expert as if the Yorks haven't already filled that role. For whatever reason people seem to think all he does is contracts.

That is right. The sad fact is the York's on their record may well make him GM.

They may think the statistical analysis of players and money may be the rational way ahead for them. They are money people and it may make sense to them to put a bean counter at the top
I'm sure he'll figure out a way to get high school players right into the NFL and pay them like interns.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
I'm sure he'll figure out a way to get high school players right into the NFL and pay them like interns.

Why do I even get on the board anymore. It's depressing
No this is the NFL not a Round Table Pizza franchise
if for whatever reasons want to believe that even the yorks aren't stupid enough to give the GM role to man with zero background in football, think again:

"I think Paraag is clearly the salary-cap person and negotiator, I don't think at this point in time that Paraag has the experience to be the general manager," York said. "I think over time that he could."

straight from Dr. John York's mouth.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/49ers-demise-not-just-the-fault-of-jed-trent-jimmy-tom-and-kap/
Originally posted by Heroism:
if for whatever reasons want to believe that even the yorks aren't stupid enough to give the GM role to man with zero background in football, think again:

"I think Paraag is clearly the salary-cap person and negotiator, I don't think at this point in time that Paraag has the experience to be the general manager," York said. "I think over time that he could."

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/49ers-demise-not-just-the-fault-of-jed-trent-jimmy-tom-and-kap/

• LVJay
  • Veteran
How this biscuit with his acorn head isn't a fashion designer for women's clothing is mind boggling to me
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'd rather suck my own dick.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

Yeah but that was in about 2005. It is now 11 years later and they may be convinced he has the experience now after sitting on Trent's lap for all those years

He actually now has 15+ years of football background spanning from contracts to the coaches booth to the top of football operations. I am fine with his experience level but he put the team in a bad situation and doesn't seem like a good fit for the team and that is why he has to go (from the top of football ops) IMO.
right, but I mean REAL football experience. Knowing how to evaluate position technique, scheme, play concepts, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone