LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

If defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil gets fired, who would you like to replace him wit

Shop 49ers game tickets

If defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil gets fired, who would you like to replace him wit

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Frankly, a stump, or a turnip could do better....Ive worked a few pee wee coaches that are seemingly light years ahead of this idiot!

Would the stump or the turnip be cheaper for Jed? Because that's what we're getting.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I don't think there is s chance Fangio comes back but the Fact is the players and 49er D was at its best under him..give him some credit..At this point I'm sick with O'Neill putting these players in bad positions and hurting their confidence..anyone but O'Neill and I'm happy..

Not going to argue, Fangio did do a great job while he was here, but he did it with a line up of Willis, Bowman, Aldon, and Cowboy.

Just sayin'
[ Edited by vermonator on Nov 29, 2016 at 6:53 AM ]
Originally posted by vermonator:
I don't think there is s chance Fangio comes back but the Fact is the players and 49er D was at its best under him..give him some credit..At this point I'm sick with O'Neill putting these players in bad positions and hurting their confidence..anyone but O'Neill and I'm happy..

Not going to argue, Fangio did do a great job while he was here, but he did it with a line up of Willis, Bowman, Aldon, and Cowboy.

Just sayin'

Nobody is arguing, I agree..you must not understand what I was saying that he is a big reason why players had the best years of their careers, Whitner and Rogers were 3rd tier free agent signings who fit in amazing with Fangios scheme and the talent..Cowboy was always very good but became great when Fangio took over..there was something special between the defensive players and coaches that made them great and play the best in their careers..everything clicked..

Damn I miss that defense...
[ Edited by jersey49er on Nov 29, 2016 at 7:06 AM ]
I'd almost welcome back MANUSKY and his bend but don't break, never blitz, never pressure defense.
Chuck Pagano could be on the hot seat too..wouldn't mind him
Nobody is arguing, I agree..you must not understand what I was saying that he is a big reason why players had the best years of their careers, Whitner and Rogers were 3rd tier free agent signings who fit in amazing with Fangios scheme and the talent..Cowboy was always very good but became great when Fangio took over..there was something special between the defensive players and coaches that made them great and play the best in their careers..everything clicked..

Damn straight!
I think Nolan is a very good DC but I just don't care for him on a personal level. Assuming O'Neil doesn't return, if Nolan is the best candidate to actually try for the DC job, then, in spite of how I feel about him personally, I would be in favor of hiring him - that is, assuming that he and Kelly can form a good working relationship (which is something I question as well).
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by justjim77:
I'm thinking Chicago cleans house and Vic is back on the street. Someone really good will take the job if there's a bunch of money thrown at em. If we MUST keep Kelly, then we gotta pay for a GREAT DC

No way in hell Vic would come back here and I don't blame him. He should have never been let go. He's going to throw everything at us this Sunday.

Agree

I miss Cowboy!
If he gets the boot, they probably stay in-house fore the rest of the season.

Someone mentioned Leslie Frasier in another post and IMO, that'd be a good move.

Share 49ersWebzone