There are 176 users in the forums

Bring in the Shanahan's!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
LOL @ all the fans who think we can just bring back the glory days coaches and recreate the dynasty.

Shanahan and Holmgren are old, and set in their primitive football ways. Their dinosaur playbooks would get ripped apart by modern defenses.

Theres also no way Shanahan would work for Jed York.

Shanahan wanted our head coaching vacancy.
Originally posted by Hopper:
LOL @ all the fans who think we can just bring back the glory days coaches and recreate the dynasty.

Shanahan and Holmgren are old, and set in their primitive football ways. Their dinosaur playbooks would get ripped apart by modern defenses.

He fought bitterly with Dan Snyder. SF would be a disaster.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Who wouldn't fight bitterly with Synder?

Mike was dying to get the 9ers job and so was Holmgren. Just these two names alone will get the respect from any coaching staff out there. Tell me, who has the guts not to respect such established blue chip brand names? Jed York should consider himself bloody lucky if he can land a guy like Mike Shanahan. He will need to convince Mike that he is totally committed.
I wish we'd hire Mooch as our GM. Think he'd be solid. Wonder if he would take the job if offerred.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bruce Arians? The Arizona coach? Who is right now 4-6-1 with the #20 scoring offense? FWIW most of the top coaches are in there 50s not 60s.

said in the begining of the year to myself arizona was a lock for under 9 1/2 and no playoffs.Why did i not listen to myself and bet the under.

I didn't know being a GM was the same thing as being a HC...
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
LOL @ this thread
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Mike Shanahan should've been hired THIS year, only to reel in his son in the future.

Mike should have been hired LAST year more like instead of that farting butcher-looking sorry excuse of a head coach called Tomsula, he was a complete embarrassment!
It's enough.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Snyder is the disaster. There are a lot of ex players of the Redskins on the local radio with the inside scoop. Snyder undermined Shanny in his dealings with RG3. Snyder gave Griffin and his extended family special treatment and facility access no other players were privy to. It was also known that Griffin had a habit of rubbing other players noses in it. It was on Shanny's watch Kirk Cousins was drafted. Also no way the Redskins would let Cousins go, they had two years of decent QB play in the prior 25 years before he got the starting job. I give Shanahan a pass on the Redskin disaster.
Share 49ersWebzone