LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

your dream trifecta GM + HC + QB (FA or drafted)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
the 49ers are a complete s**t show from top to bottom. who would be your dream team to take over the entire operation next season? list who want as GM, as HC and who you want at QB. let's keep it to semi-probable selections.

GM = Nick Caserio (currently the Pats director of player personnel)
HC = Mike McCarthy (if the Pack misses the playoffs and it's looking like it, he'll be on the hot seat. let's bring Mike back to SF)
QB = Kirk Cousins (park a Brinks truck in front of house and give him $120M. dude is a fearless baller)
People laughed at me early in the season for wanting Cousins.
Keep it all Madden
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

If our ownership is serious, they will overpay for Cousins. Or try to land Garoppolo. I was glad Cousins bet on himself this year, which gave us an opportunity. Its sad that our success in the near future depends on us overpaying a FA.
McVay
Walsh
Montana
Current:

GM: Ozzie Newsome
Coach: Jim Harbaugh
QB: Andrew Luck

...As long as they had an OL.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 22, 2016 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
the 49ers are a complete s**t show from top to bottom. who would be your dream team to take over the entire operation next season? list who want as GM, as HC and who you want at QB. let's keep it to semi-probable selections.

HC = Mike McCarthy (if the Pack misses the playoffs and it's looking like it, he'll be on the hot seat. let's bring Mike back to SF)
QB = Kirk Cousins (park a Brinks truck in front of house and give him $120M. dude is a fearless baller)

If we could also sign Jeffery (hopefully at a lesser rate due to being injury prone and busted for peds) and another young wr., that would take us out of the cellar instantly.

Like many of us, I was willing to give Coach CK a shot. I think its safe to say his offensive scheme doesn't work well in the NFL. I'm even more disappointed about the lack of success and vanilla running game. Demarco Murray's success is a huge slap in the face to Kelly that his offense doesn't work in this league.
Will Paarag still be limiting what they can do?
Originally posted by boast:

I don't know much about GMs, but I would like to see Cousins and Shanahan reunited in SF.

I hope Jed grows a pair (extremely unlikely) and fires Baalke and brings in a football guy/GM, so that players want to come here.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Nov 22, 2016 at 11:03 AM ]
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
If our ownership is serious, they will overpay for Cousins. Or try to land Garoppolo. I was glad Cousins bet on himself this year, which gave us an opportunity. Its sad that our success in the near future depends on us overpaying a FA.

LOL Garrappolo. Great, another Matt Cassel. When will people realize You can't trust Tom Brady Back ups.

Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Except for the fact Baalke will try to sign Cousins for $10M.
Since this is realistic options I'd go with the following. Out of FA/draft and trades,Garoppolo seems to be the best and most feasible option
HC/GM-Shaw (although not sure how realistic this is since he probably wouldn't come here)
QB-Garoppolo
I don't know about Garoppolo. Feels like Osweiler/Matt Cassel all over again.

At least Cousins has 30+ games as a starter with a team not named the Patriots on his resume.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Nov 22, 2016 at 11:22 AM ]
My actual realistic dream scenario...

Baalke fired
Paraag fired
Kelly back to college (absolves York of the contract)

Hire GM/football guy to run the whole thing (Steve Young).
Hire Shaw
Give Cousins 20M+, whatever it takes
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
My actual realistic dream scenario...

Baalke fired
Paraag fired
Kelly back to college (absolves York of the contract)

Hire GM/football guy to run the whole thing (Steve Young).
Hire Shaw
Give Cousins 20M+, whatever it takes

I want Steve Young as our GM so badly. At least pump some life into this franchise again.
Share 49ersWebzone