There are 192 users in the forums

Jay Cutler could be done for season.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Gulp.

Could have grave implications on our draft position in a couple of weeks. As bad as we've looked Matt Barkley completely blows. Cutler sucks, but at least he has his occasional hot game. We're a point ahead on SOS as of now. http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-jay-cutler-bears-20161121-story.html
Everybody has been anticipating life after Jay Cutler, and it looks like the Bears will get a taste of it six weeks early.

Multiple sources told the Tribune the embattled quarterback suffered a shoulder injury in Sunday's 22-16 loss to the Giants at MetLife Stadium that could very well sideline him for the remainder of the season.

Coach John Fox did not address Cutler's injury during his news conference Monday, but the team was working to determine the extent of the damage and is bracing for the worst news with the Bears nose-diving at 2-8 and headed toward a high pick in the 2017 draft.

On a brutal day at Halas Hall, the Cutler injury was an even bigger blow than the loss of linebacker Jerrell Freeman, the team's leading tackler, to a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs, the franchise's second PED bust in as many weeks.

It is likely Matt Barkley will start for the first time in his career Sunday against the Titansat Soldier Field and he could be asked to close out the season. Cutler could become the third Bears quarterback to suffer a season-ending injury this season. Connor Shaw suffered a broken left leg in the third exhibition game, and Brian Hoyer suffered a broken left arm during the Oct. 20 loss to the Packers...
they weren't really doing anything with him
No Cutler, Jeffrey, or that 1 linebacker that just got suspended today. I'm worried we might win this one
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No Cutler, Jeffrey, or that 1 linebacker that just got suspended today. I'm worried we might win this one

Without Zach Miller as well who has had a decent year. Could be a barnburner for the battle of who is worse.
Could hurt our draft position
we just have to hope that their rookie RB kills us with 200 yds and 3 TD
should we offer to lend them a qb?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
NT gonna explode after this win.
Originally posted by English:

Why do you hate the bears so much?

we have so many holes on defense does it really matter?

Linebackers and all of our DBs suck.

Reid , Bethea , and Ward all need to be cut. Garbage ass niccas.

And these new guys are trash as well. Robinson and Reaser.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

In his career (5 games) Matt Barkley has completed 55% of his passes for 381 yards with 0 TDs & 6 INTs for a 34.2 QB rating.
Originally posted by Jcool:

In his career (5 games) Matt Barkley has completed 55% of his passes for 381 yards with 0 TDs & 6 INTs for a 34.2 QB rating.
I meant draft pick wise.

I know qb is the sexy pick but a great defense will take you to multiple playoffs IMO.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I meant draft pick wise.

I know qb is the sexy pick but a great defense will take you to multiple playoffs IMO.

And if 49ers beat Chicago getting someone like Garrett probably becomes harder.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by English:

Why do you hate the bears so much?

Originally posted by Jcool:
I meant draft pick wise.

And if 49ers beat Chicago getting someone like Garrett probably becomes harder.
Even Chicago needs a QB badly, all top 3 picks do.

so there's a good chance still
Share 49ersWebzone