There are 230 users in the forums

Mike Nolan as gm?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by Jcool:
This is the same kind of thinking that makes people want Steve Young to be the team president and Mike Holmgren as head coach.

Let's b honest it was Scot McCloughan not baalke that was responsible for building this team...baalke had some nice pickups but the core superbowl team was all scott and nolan

Not true, Nolan has already publicly credited Baalke with having a lot to do with the selections of VD, Willis and more.

This

I want Trent gone but he did have a lot to do w/getting some excellent players.
So we are going to go get the guy that was a loser when he was here with full control of the roster, to um build the roster?

ROTFL
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by Jcool:
This is the same kind of thinking that makes people want Steve Young to be the team president and Mike Holmgren as head coach.

Let's b honest it was Scot McCloughan not baalke that was responsible for building this team...baalke had some nice pickups but the core superbowl team was all scott and nolan

Not true, Nolan has already publicly credited Baalke with having a lot to do with the selections of VD, Willis and more.

This

I want Trent gone but he did have a lot to do w/getting some excellent players.

So you believe what you hear coming out of the building over there? I don't believe anything the Yorks put out there. No matter who they use to put the info out.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nolan didn't get nearly the credit for upgrading the roster as he should've...unfortunately his HC record wasn't good, but he can and has recognized good talent. But, it's very rare to see a former HC rehired...it almost never happens. My personal choice is Mike Lombardi...for several reasons, not the least of which is he's the only guy to have worked for Bill Walsh, Al Davis and Bill Belichick. He's got the experience, knowledge and well-rounded philosophy to make the Niners competitive sooner rather than later.

Honest question: what has Lombardi done in any of his previous stints as GM to warrant consideration?
I went to high school with Mike Nolan's niece back when he was our HC. She was pretty hott
  • Kense
  • Veteran
OK I'm sold bring him back!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I went to high school with Mike Nolan's niece back when he was our HC. She was pretty hott
Originally posted by 190836:
Why would you go back to a loser like Nolan. If he was so good he would be a GM or a HC (currently unemployed). Remember how he dealt with Alex Smith. You want this guy to be your GM, no thanks.

This
IMO, we need a guy from a proven winner like the Pats or the Assist GM from the Cowboys.

Not Nowin and NOT another Parcells clone.
In an interview he said we the niner faithful are some jerks that only want winners now.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Nov 27, 2016 at 4:06 PM ]
How bout we go n rehire Sing too while we're at it. NO THANX

• jimrat
  • Veteran
What's the infatuation with this guy..........Rollin with Mcnolan was one of the dumbest things people used to say on here.
no
Will say this about Nolan, he is decent on NFL network and NFL Sirius XM radio. honestly never thought he would do well in that field with him always repeating "Aspect and Standpoint" All that dude would say in press conferences.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Dam this guy is really bitter lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
why is this guy even talking he was awful as a HC
Share 49ersWebzone