There are 244 users in the forums

Mike Nolan as gm?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just what we need another guy who can't draft QBs or WRs.
  • titan
  • Veteran
He wasn't even successful as our HC, why would I want him back running the organization!
Are you high?
He did a good job acquiring talent but it may have been the people around him like Baalke. Of course we've seen he hasn't handled the promotion very well either.

The team needs a fresh start and new philosophies.
Mike Nolan was making those picks from 2005 to 2007. And had he had been a quality head coach, we would've been a lot better, sooner. I've stated before I have no issue with this. But I think there are other quality GM candidates from successful orbs that we can look at.

Also, Gunter Cunningham is a guy that returned to an organization that fired him as well.
  • Veteran
Why would you go back to a loser like Nolan. If he was so good he would be a GM or a HC (currently unemployed). Remember how he dealt with Alex Smith. You want this guy to be your GM, no thanks.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Alex Smith over Aron Rodgers/

Do you believe Aaron would survived Mike's ineptitude at developing a QB?

Naw, I said it then and Ill say it now, Alex Smith should have sued Mike Nolan for malpractice, but that aside, Rodgers was then and is now clearly a better player.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:
Alex Smith over Aron Rodgers/

Do you believe Aaron would survived Mike's ineptitude at developing a QB?

Naw, I said it then and Ill say it now, Alex Smith should have sued Mike Nolan for malpractice, but that aside, Rodgers was then and is now clearly a better player.

No he is just a better player now. He wasn't then. McCarthy had to completely rebuild his throwing motion. Something that wouldn't of happened had he started from day 1 in SF. Also he seems not to have the personality to survive what Alex had to go through. So he probably ends up off the team and out of the league by now.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I wanted Nolan for DC this year. Still would take him in that role. GM? Nah.

• Kense
  • Veteran
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Why retread a failed attempt?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by Jcool:
This is the same kind of thinking that makes people want Steve Young to be the team president and Mike Holmgren as head coach.

Let's b honest it was Scot McCloughan not baalke that was responsible for building this team...baalke had some nice pickups but the core superbowl team was all scott and nolan

And all the sudden Washington is looking good..... scot most definitely is the GM that brought in talent..

Baalke knows DBs. And that's about it
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone