LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

Wentz Vs. Prescott

Shop 49ers game tickets

Wentz Vs. Prescott

If you had a choice between the two, to run chips offense who would it be?

Wentz has the ideal frame, big arm and is more of a natural pocket passer but Prescott could buy time for our crap WRs and would be better fit for the pistol..
Wentz could be a future star. I personally think Prescott is on a real good team with one of the best offensive lines in football and one of the best young RB's in football too. Prescott is set up to succeed in the situation he is on. Wentz is just a great young QB who should only continue to get better.
I would happily take either of them. Both are smart, savvy quarterbacks with strong leadership skills.
Dak is legit
I'd take Dak over Wentz in a heartbeat
If Wentz could complete a pass for over 20 yards I would like him better. Then again dam doesn't throw deep either. I think I would take dak right now but not too sure how good he would be without a top ol, wr and rb
Wentz
Originally posted by elguapo:
If Wentz could complete a pass for over 20 yards I would like him better. Then again dam doesn't throw deep either. I think I would take dak right now but not too sure how good he would be without a top ol, wr and rb

Dak is 8/23 with 3 TDs and 0 Ints on passes thrown over 20 yards. That's 34,8%. Wentz is 9/30 (30%) with 2 TDs and 2 Ints. That doesn't sound like much, but quarterbacks like Taylor (10/33, 4 TDs, 2 Ints), Flacco (9/39, 2 TDs, 2 Ints) and Roethlisberger (18/50, 8 TDs, 2 Ints) are all renowned for their deep ball and they aren't fairing much better %-wise. Wilson (18/29, 4 TDs, 1 Int) and Ryan (20/42, 7 TDs) are completing around 50% of the long ball but those guys are exceptions rather than the rule.
[ Edited by TWD_Fan on Nov 19, 2016 at 10:39 AM ]
Dak has the best OL in the NFL and it's not even close. He has the most electric running back and all-pro receivers in Dez and Witten. He has the keys to a Ferrari, just keep it on the road. Wentz is better physically, if the Niners had either one I'd be jumping for joy.
Both are overrated imo. Most of these QB's are imo. Still waiting on that RG3/Luck super bowl.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Dak has the best OL in the NFL and it's not even close. He has the most electric running back and all-pro receivers in Dez and Witten. He has the keys to a Ferrari, just keep it on the road. Wentz is better physically, if the Niners had either one I'd be jumping for joy.

To be fair he has proved to be effective without Dez, and I could argue Ezekiel is greatly benfiting from OL as well. It's all about the OL
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

To be fair he has proved to be effective without Dez, and I could argue Ezekiel is greatly benfiting from OL as well. It's all about the OL

Elliott is firmly in the top 5 of best RB's in the NFL. I'd probably rank him ahead of Gurley at this point although we don't know if any RB would have success on the Rams right now since they can't block and teams are stacking the box against them. Le'Veon Bell and David Johnson are better receivers, but Elliott is no slouch in that department, is a better pass blocker, and has more straight line speed than either of them. His speed, power, and elusiveness would translate anywhere and it looks like he has decent vision too.

I'd take Wentz and it isn't even close. I would still take Goff over Prescott. Mariota is the most impressive young QB in the league in my opinion and he's 3 months younger than Prescott.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Elliott is firmly in the top 5 of best RB's in the NFL. I'd probably rank him ahead of Gurley at this point although we don't know if any RB would have success on the Rams right now since they can't block and teams are stacking the box against them. Le'Veon Bell and David Johnson are better receivers, but Elliott is no slouch in that department, is a better pass blocker, and has more straight line speed than either of them. His speed, power, and elusiveness would translate anywhere and it looks like he has decent vision too.

I'd take Wentz and it isn't even close. I would still take Goff over Prescott. Mariota is the most impressive young QB in the league in my opinion and he's 3 months younger than Prescott.

I loved Mariota coming out of Oregon, Chip tried to sell the ranch to get him in Philly.
  • titan
  • Veteran

I loved Mariota coming out of Oregon, Chip tried to sell the ranch to get him in Philly.

Dak no question!!! Mariota is looking like he belongs. He really has the potential to be a star in the NFL.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

I'm inclined to agree with you, but so much if what we have seen from Eliott is a direct product of the Oline. I believe he is one of the top 5 backs in the league, but imagine what Gurley would do with Dallas' Oline....
Share 49ersWebzone