There are 188 users in the forums

Jared Goff

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by Janitor:
He hasn't looked good, but you have to give a guy a couple of years before you can mark him a bust

Yeah I wouldn't call him a bust. I just don't think he is very good at anything at the moment. I think he will end up being a bust based off of everything LA gave up for him but that's down the road. Right now he is just a sorry ass rookie

I wonder if his family will ever forgive him for embarrassing the Goff family tree like this
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Goff really reminds me of Alex year 1 just in how they acclimate to the NFL and their offenses. Alex ended up being a pretty good player when all is said and done, but it took a long time for him to realize any of what made him a 1st round pick and never looked like a 1st round pick until after his rookie contract. Can you imagine if we had given up what the Rams did last year to draft Alex? Can you imagine how much harder such a scenario would have made things for Alex?

Almost makes me feel bad for the kid. Almost...

EDIT: This is not a prediction that Goff follows the exact path Smith did, just that the 2 scenarios feel similar after year 1 in the NFL.

Agree, reminds me of Alex's first year.

Nice, so he's on pace to throw 13 TDs by his 10th year.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Janitor:
He hasn't looked good, but you have to give a guy a couple of years before you can mark him a bust

Damn a couple of years, the guy we draft only get a couple of games on the WZ

Lol. Our guy doesn't even get to make it to the preseason.
before their names are announced on draft day, BUST !
Right so far he hasn't done anything for anyone to even remotely thinking of extending him past his rookie contract

we gave gabbert 4 million and he didn't do s**t to have earned it lol

Goff will likely be able to sign as a backup somewhere if he doesn't develop.

We'll likely sign him
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Right so far he hasn't done anything for anyone to even remotely thinking of extending him past his rookie contract

we gave gabbert 4 million and he didn't do s**t to have earned it lol

Goff will likely be able to sign as a backup somewhere if he doesn't develop.

We'll likely sign him
Thats my point, the team that drafted him. is he worth extending at this point. The answer is no. year 1 goes by and they still don't know what they have

will another team sign him, probably. if that happens, Then that is what you call a #1 overall bust
hard to throw passes when your line gives up 7 sacks lol

how are the rams soo bad when they've had so many top picks

jeff fischer
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Rams gave up this year's #5 overall pick, on top of everything else, for Jared "just give him time" Goff.

So worth it.
hard to throw passes when your line gives up 7 sacks lol

how are the rams soo bad when they've had so many top picks

jeff fischer

Fisher is gone. Gurley, Austin, Britt, Front 7...but now they got a loser for a QB
Slightly below average rookie season. Year 2 will tell the real story.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

in terms of W-L no

personal stats/plays yes

• dj43
One of the absolute necessities in the development of a young QB for the NFL is to have a quality QB coach. Look around at all the young QBs who are doing well. Each one has an experienced coach.

Jared Goff has Chris Weinke, a former not-so-good player, in his first year as a pro coach of any sort, let alone QB coach. Kind of like Alex Smith when he started out with a former defensive line coach as QB coach.

Give this guy an offensive-minded HC and real QB coach and then decide whether he is a bust or not. The Alex Smith comparison just keeps coming up. Let's see if the Rams can see it.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 2, 2017 at 10:51 AM ]

in terms of W-L no

personal stats/plays yes

This is essentially what I would be looking for in year 2. Wins are great, but you want to see the characteristics that demonstrate that the quarterback can win big over a period of team. The amount of time spent in the classroom, making better decisions, best use of the weapons around him, the way he hits guys with his passes, cutting down on errors, burning defenses when they make mistakes in coverage, finding mismatches, and as well as not making simple mistakes that he made his rookie season. If he does those things, then we are going to have trouble with him.
  • titan
  • Veteran

in terms of W-L no

personal stats/plays yes

This is essentially what I would be looking for in year 2. Wins are great, but you want to see the characteristics that demonstrate that the quarterback can win big over a period of team. The amount of time spent in the classroom, making better decisions, best use of the weapons around him, the way he hits guys with his passes, cutting down on errors, burning defenses when they make mistakes in coverage, finding mismatches, and as well as not making simple mistakes that he made his rookie season. If he does those things, then we are going to have trouble with him.

That's all. lol
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Football Perspective @fbgchase
After adjusting for era, you can make the argument that Jared Goff has had the worst season in modern history, even worse than Ryan Leaf.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Football Perspective @fbgchase
After adjusting for era, you can make the argument that Jared Goff has had the worst season in modern history, even worse than Ryan Leaf.

Ouch!!!
Share 49ersWebzone