LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Jamie Collins to the Browns

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The contract extension for #Browns LB Jamie Collins: 4 years, $50M, source said. $26M in guarantees. Large.

Could mean a lot for us getting Garrett with the reports of liking Watson.

This is definitely a good signing (for us)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The contract extension for #Browns LB Jamie Collins: 4 years, $50M, source said. $26M in guarantees. Large.

4-3 scheme might value Allen more as well. Would love Garrett to 49ers.
NICE... Come on Myles G
  • dj43
It is looking more like Shanahan's first decision will be whether he wants to reach for a good-not-great QB or grab a future Pro Bowl/All Pro defender?
Originally posted by dj43:
It is looking more like Shanahan's first decision will be whether he wants to reach for a good-not-great QB or grab a future Pro Bowl/All Pro defender?

Probably, and in the grand scheme of things, I still don't know which is actually a better call... The value of a stable, consistent QB outweighs everything else. But if you're convinced that there really isn't much difference between Trubisky / Watson / Kizer and Mahomes then you probably role the dice to try and trade back up for one of those guys...

or you essentially punt on this season and try again next year (i.e. Browns in 2016)
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

for them too. 12.5M a year isnt that much compared to how much they said he was asking in NE.

i do think that this moves us closer to getting Garrett. Browns are getting pretty stacked at pass rushers with Collins and the two rookie standouts they had this season. Their weakness on defense is definitely the trenches. Pairing up shelton and Allen on the inside would make a scary pair.
  • dj43

Probably, and in the grand scheme of things, I still don't know which is actually a better call... The value of a stable, consistent QB outweighs everything else. But if you're convinced that there really isn't much difference between Trubisky / Watson / Kizer and Mahomes then you probably role the dice to try and trade back up for one of those guys...

or you essentially punt on this season and try again next year (i.e. Browns in 2016)

I can't see us punting on this season. On the contrary, I see us using at least the 2nd round pick on a QB, possibly even trading back into the 1st round to get our guy, assuming Garrett is the pick at #2. Late 1st, early 2nd is not too late to get a good QB when you have a quality coaching staff. Even then grabbing a backup guy in the 4th round or so would not be a bad idea.
After that contract I wonder how much Dont'a Hightower is gonna get paid
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
After that contract I wonder how much Dont'a Hightower is gonna get paid

Let's sign him and find out

he hasn't done anything yet, simmer down with the All Pro comparison.

Share 49ersWebzone