LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Jamie Collins to the Browns

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
We're here playing with the bottom of the barrel ILBs when Jamie Collins only went for a 3rd round pick. smh.
Man I love this team but hate this organization, Collins would've been a huge upgrade and yes I would've paid him..he's exactly a player to build around..
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Uhh...I dunno if you forgot, but we got Bellore and Wilhoite on the team. I think we're set.
Originally posted by Antix:
Uhh...I dunno if you forgot, but we got Bellore and Wilhoite on the team. I think we're set.

collins was a pro bowler last year.
Check out the FA forum. Dude wants Von Miller money, apparently.
I know it's purely a financial move by the Pats, but with such a strong shot at the SB couldn't they play out the season? Collins would have instantly become the top player on the Niner defense.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Antix:

collins was a pro bowler last year.

Holla back when he tears his ACL.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I know it's purely a financial move by the Pats, but with such a strong shot at the SB couldn't they play out the season? Collins would have instantly become the top player on the Niner defense.

I think we overvalue players on other rosters.

Do you think the Patriots would make this move if they believed it negatively impacted their ability to win a SB this year? I don't.

I think they know that Collins is a good player but 1) Not worth the money he will command, and 2) Has a skill set that can be replaced by somebody else.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
He's a good player....wouldn't of been a good fit with our guys.
Collins apparently wants close to Von Miller money.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Von Miller money without Von Miller leverage.
Browns trading for good players and we are trading ours.

#Winning
Patriots players are apparently surprised by this.

Looks like New England knows how to keep secrets. Unlike SOME FO's...
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Browns trading for good players and we are trading ours.

#Winning

You do realize that Collins is a pending FA. Browns may have just traded a third for a half season rental during a throw away year. They get first crack at signing Collins long term to a ginormous deal. That's the upside to the deal. If Collins walks after this season, horrible trade. Hopefully this costs the Browns the first overall pick and they actually win a game or two.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Patriots players are apparently surprised by this.

Looks like New England knows how to keep secrets. Unlike SOME FO's...

seriously, all our stuff gets leaked and ruins the deals.

Man must suck for Collins. I can imagine he was being a diva during contract talks and Belichick was like "You want to be a diva? off to cleveland you go". From the best team to the worst team. Im sure Collins learned a valuable lesson haha
Share 49ersWebzone