LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Trade for Sheldon Richardson?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No thanks...all our DL needs is a FA who isn't nuts and/or a studly draft pick. It's time to move on from Purcell, Dorsey, TJE, et al. Dorsey can play some good NT if he's healthy...but I'd like a younger guy who can grow with our twin towers.

Man, I wish we had a Vince Wilfork in his prime between those two.

We could have. Remember we could've had him decided to trade down for a fisherman.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No thanks...all our DL needs is a FA who isn't nuts and/or a studly draft pick. It's time to move on from Purcell, Dorsey, TJE, et al. Dorsey can play some good NT if he's healthy...but I'd like a younger guy who can grow with our twin towers.

Man, I wish we had a Vince Wilfork in his prime between those two.

We could have. Remember we could've had him decided to trade down for a fisherman.

Oh I remember, traded down there, then passed on Will Smith and traded down again to get Woods.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
We would just waste his talent, I wouldn't trade for him...Oneil would just end up using him to cover slot receivers...
Originally posted by jcs:
We would just waste his talent, I wouldn't trade for him...Oneil would just end up using him to cover slot receivers...

trading for him would put Armstead or Buckner on the bench. You don't bench top picks.

Comon guys, this isn't madden.
Originally posted by Since07:
Yea dude was goin 143mph with his headlights off, with a 12yr old and resisted arrest only two weeks after being suspended for substance abuse

This. Might as well try to bring back Aldon Smith once Baalke gets fired if you want to roll the dice on a menace to society. You don't have to give up a draft pick if he ends up wrapped around a tree or a family.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:28 PM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
trading for him would put Armstead or Buckner on the bench. You don't bench top picks.

Comon guys, this isn't madden.

I'm not for this idea, but Richardson could play NT. No problem. It'd be a bit of a waste of his talent, but he's a great run stopper.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM ]
I'm calling it Richardson and their 5th overall pick traded to the Browns for the #1 overall pick and the Jets go QB!
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

He is playing olb this year

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:
He is playing olb this year
Niners receive:

Jets - 1st round #6 pick
Jets - 2nd round #39 pick
Sheldon Richardson

Jets receive:

49ers - 1st round #2 pick
49ers - 3rd round #66 pick

Yes, I know he's done some dumb sh** but we need DLinemen and most NFL players aren't choir boys. The jets have a logjam on the DL and he may be able to ressurect his career with a change of scenery.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Niners receive:

Jets - 1st round #6 pick
Sheldon Richardson

Jets receive:

Yes, I know he's done some dumb sh** but we need DLinemen and most NFL players aren't choir boys. The jets have a logjam on the DL and he may be able to ressurect his career with a change of scenery.

We fortify the DL, take Fournette/Foster/BPA at #6, pick up another early 2nd rounder and use those two 2nd rounders to move back into the 1st to get a guy we are targeting. (McCaffery, Reddick, a QB?)

Essentially, from our first 3 picks, we would end up with one of the following.

A: BPA/Foster, BPA/McCaffery, Richardson

B: BPA/Fournette, BPA/Reddick, Richardson
[ Edited by 9erguy on Apr 2, 2017 at 6:26 AM ]
Niners receive:

Jets - 1st round #6 pick
Sheldon Richardson

Jets receive:

We fortify the DL, take Fournette/Foster/BPA at #6, pick up another early 2nd rounder and use those two 2nd rounders to move back into the 1st to get a guy we are targeting. (McCaffery, Reddick, a QB?)

nope. Im willing to swap first and second picks for him but that's it.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Niners receive:

Jets - 1st round #6 pick
Sheldon Richardson

Jets receive:

nope. Im willing to swap first and second picks for him but that's it.

we would be receivng their 2nd and they would be receiving our 3rd in my scenario. You would be willing to make a worse deal? I'm confused.
Share 49ersWebzone