LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Best off season Plan So Far

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Nice plan, but that is definitely a fairy tale. Kelly won't be fired. Only part of that off season that could happen is the draft, but I didn't see any busted ACLs so that's not likely either (no firing of Baalke mentioned).

Im bitter tho. Reading about conpetent, smart and logical things that we could do meanwhile knowing team Jork is gonna do the opposite kinda just pisses me off.
Originally posted by Antix:
Nice plan, but that is definitely a fairy tale. Kelly won't be fired. Only part of that off season that could happen is the draft, but I didn't see any busted ACLs so that's not likely either (no firing of Baalke mentioned).

Im bitter tho. Reading about conpetent, smart and logical things that we could do meanwhile knowing team Jork is gonna do the opposite kinda just pisses me off.

Agree in bold.

I and many share your pain.
  • titan
  • Veteran
-Need to get better in the skill position.
-Cut dead weight with loser mentality on both side of the ball
-Get some aggressive NT
-Draft QB and best player available
Love the article and the plan. I wish there was more written on the subject but it will always be labeled as grandiose and too speculative. I'm more focused on the big picture rather than the player's names. I like the suggestion of utilizing the 4-3 for the sake of theoretically utilizing our 3 best young pieces in AA, Buckner and Lynch. We are vested in our DL as our means of building for the future. No mystery that a great front 7 has a way of making up for shortcomings elsewhere. Great Safeties emerge from front 7's that create havoc in the backfield. Very seldom does a stud safety go to a bad team and transform the defense into a viable unit. My point is, if that front 7 becomes elite, the surrounding pieces begin to shine as well. Minnesota is a good example of this plan making their CB look like studs.

We aren't even close in any other facet and this has to be the committed direction. The current product on the field is no indicator as I believe Kelly is not suitable to support building in this manner.

Take the success stories taking place around the league:
NE - Not really duplicable given cohesion of ownership/coaching staff relationship. Oh yea, Brady
Pitt - Offensive Nucleus Ben/AB/Bell fill in the blanks through draft. Never pay a FA top dollar
Den - Progressive ownership with winning pedigree building defense with playmakers.
Sea - They've created a schtick of getting a lot of passed over players and getting them to play above their ability with their "us vs the world" locker room culture
Arz - Veteran leadership to mentor new players. Capably coached.
Dal - Going all in on a unit (Offensive Line) and insert pieces to benefit. Model I suggest SF do with the DL.
GB - Similar to Pitt but Aaron Rodgers covers up a lot of short comings. Honestly, i think they could be much better.

Just a few examples. I could do all 31 teams and even the bad ones, there are valuable lessons to be learned.
Who would be our general manager? Baalke needs to go. Cody Whitehair could have been had in the 2nd but baake trded up to get garnett. SMH.

But this scenario makes sense.Get mcdaniels, bring that QB with him to fit his system, and sign WR's to complement his system.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Oct 31, 2016 at 8:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone