LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Poll - Romo, Bridgewater or Garoppolo for 49ers 2017 QB?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Poll - Romo, Bridgewater or Garoppolo for 49ers 2017 QB?

Neither Jimmy Garoppolo is just another player that benefits from Belichick.
Garoppolo isn't going anywhere after what happened with Brady and bledsoe
Jimmy G!
If Belichick lets Garro go he doesn't think that he's the answer post Brady. If he does trade him Belichick will fleece the taker.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If Belichick lets Garro go he doesn't think that he's the answer post Brady. If he does trade him Belichick will fleece the taker.

People keep saying this but the reality is that the Patriots have to make a quick decision.

Garoppolo is a free agent after next season, they have another young QB on the roster in Jacoby Brissett and if it looks like Brady will play another 3 or 4 years then I doubt they pay the full salary to Garoppolo and ask him to put up with being a backup for a few more years while he could start on a dozen NFL teams.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Trubisky, Kizer than Garropolo. No Bridgwater or Romo.

This
Bobby Boucher
Romo would get killed...Vikes aren't about to let Bridgewater go & I'd think the Pats would hold onto Garappolo as insurance in case Brady got hurt. In a nutshell, none of the above. If Niners are without Kap next year, they'd likely play Gabbert 'til whomever they draft is ready to play.
id rather cut my dick off
Originally posted by NTeply49:

This

Originally posted by valrod33:
id rather cut my dick off

OUCH!
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by NTeply49:

This

That is all fine and dandy but if Brady is healthy they arent going to pay Garoppolo a huge salary for however many years to be a backup until Brady retires and they cant just let him walk for nothing like Denver did with Osweiler.

Nor do I imagine would Garoppolo be perfectly content holding a clipboard for 2 or 3 more years when he could be a starter for numerous teams.

New England used a 3rd round pick on Jacoby Brissett this past draft, if they traded Garoppolo they likely use one of the picks to draft an additional QB on top of that.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 21, 2016 at 8:10 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for Wrathman.
Baalke is salivating over the thought of a Bridgewater trade.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

People keep saying this but the reality is that the Patriots have to make a quick decision.

Garoppolo is a free agent after next season, they have another young QB on the roster in Jacoby Brissett and if it looks like Brady will play another 3 or 4 years then I doubt they pay the full salary to Garoppolo and ask him to put up with being a backup for a few more years while he could start on a dozen NFL teams.

thank you Phoenix! if they choose to trade garappolo, it is not a knock on him at all. Brady is one of the two best QBs of ALL TIME and is still playing at a high level. The fact is that Brady is not slowing down and could possibly play the next 3 years. No way, Garappolo is going to stay on the team after next season so the Patriots will have to get something out of him through a trade within the next year
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
New England would probably want a #1 for Jimmy G and the Niners wont be doing that. He would be the best for the Niners long term and if they could get him for a 2nd it would be a no brainer. Romo would be ok if the plan is to draft a QB high and let him sit and learn for at least a year.

givent that we will have a high second round pick, im sure a 2nd and a mid round pick would be acceptable
Share 49ersWebzone