There are 154 users in the forums

Who is the Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers next season?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who is the Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers next season?

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
lol vic fangio
Originally posted by luv49rs:
lol vic fangio

He could maybe give Tomsula a call to DC
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by susweel:
I think chip will be around for a while.

This

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
f**king LOL at Mike Shula being an option. Go to the Panthers forums and they all want him to GTFO. He's their Greg Roman.

Chip Kelly isnt going anywhere unless the 49ers fire him and if they fire him, the only guy that is going to want to come be the head coach here after firing 3 head coaches in 3 years is some second rate special teams coordinator or someone incredibly desperate to be relevant in anyway.

That

^^^ agreed that lock this.

Draftology is pretend 49ers fans. He is mess up our webzone! He is not much post here. It is clear! Trolling at him.
??? I've got almost 700 posts...I don't post much during the year when we're horrible...this is for sure a legitimate question. It may be more likely than not that Chip stays for another year, but definitely not more than 60%...
Originally posted by Draftology:
Really? I'm actually really surprised to hear that. Their offense had no talent minus Newton and Olsen last year, yet they were first in PPG. We thought Kaep's receivers were bad a few years ago when Ted Ginn was his #5 WR. Ginn was Newton's #1 WR last year!

His track record is pretty clear. Good at calling a run game, not so much as far as passing offense goes. Dude struggled as the head coach at Bama which is pretty much like coaching college football with a powerup bonus. Nothing about him makes me think he would be a good NFL head coach whatsoever.
Bill Walsh
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Said this before... no one will come here even if baalke is gone. Other teams that maybe looking.

GB, SD, Jax, Mia, Hou, LA, Colts, Cin, jets, bills, ten.

You are a HC, which will you choose? SF?

If GB fires McCarthy, id take him(yes, my WCO roots are deep and I think he takes way too much s**t in GB...it's been a decade and his message might just be getting stale there).

It really is amazing how much Green Bay's fanbase has turned on McCarthy. The dude has literally won a Super Bowl, has a .650 winning percentage, five division titles, has brought the team to the playoffs every single year since 2009, and is a bonehead Bostick mistake away from possibly having a second ring and being the only HC to win two SB's this decade thus far. Is the credit of Green Bay's success these past few years literally all attributed to Aaron Rodgers?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Is the credit of Green Bay's success these past few years literally all attributed to Aaron Rodgers?

Their front office and Aaron Rodgers. I dont think he is a bad head coach but I dont see him as a great one either.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Said this before... no one will come here even if baalke is gone. Other teams that maybe looking.

GB, SD, Jax, Mia, Hou, LA, Colts, Cin, jets, bills, ten.

You are a HC, which will you choose? SF?

If GB fires McCarthy, id take him(yes, my WCO roots are deep and I think he takes way too much s**t in GB...it's been a decade and his message might just be getting stale there).

It really is amazing how much Green Bay's fanbase has turned on McCarthy. The dude has literally won a Super Bowl, has a .650 winning percentage, five division titles, has brought the team to the playoffs every single year since 2009, and is a bonehead Bostick mistake away from possibly having a second ring and being the only HC to win two SB's this decade thus far. Is the credit of Green Bay's success these past few years literally all attributed to Aaron Rodgers?
of course, just like that cheater bilicheat
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Bill Walsh

Shouldn't Silicon Valley have this technology by now. Bill Walsh ver.2.0(model#wco1984).

Is the credit of Green Bay's success these past few years literally all attributed to Aaron Rodgers?

Their front office and Aaron Rodgers. I dont think he is a bad head coach but I dont see him as a great one either.
the FO can't get them a run game and a defense for how long now ?

now AR is slowing down and the team can't carry their weight
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Bill Walsh

Shouldn't Silicon Valley have this technology by now. Bill Walsh ver.2.0(model#wco1984).
I have a page from BW's playbook. maybe BW left some DNA on it

That's what little York said.

Chip has improved this offense with about the same talent as last year. Give this dude some talent and he will bring back a legit offense.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Really? I'm actually really surprised to hear that. Their offense had no talent minus Newton and Olsen last year, yet they were first in PPG. We thought Kaep's receivers were bad a few years ago when Ted Ginn was his #5 WR. Ginn was Newton's #1 WR last year!

His track record is pretty clear. Good at calling a run game, not so much as far as passing offense goes. Dude struggled as the head coach at Bama which is pretty much like coaching college football with a powerup bonus. Nothing about him makes me think he would be a good NFL head coach whatsoever.
He's definitely not my first choice, but plenty of successful coaches have failed at a previous stop. He inherited a bowl-ineligible Alabama team with heavy recruiting restrictions. I actually think they were on probation for all three years of his tenure.

Not saying he's the top candidate, but I personally think he's worth considering based on what he's done with the Carolina offense.
Originally posted by Joecool:

That's what little York said.

Chip has improved this offense with about the same talent as last year. Give this dude some talent and he will bring back a legit offense.

Only way i see him leaving this year is if like a Texas bought him out of his deal here and offered him ridiculous sums of cash. I think even if we finish 1-15/2-14 he would not be fired.
Share 49ersWebzone