There are 237 users in the forums

Who is the Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers next season?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who is the Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers next season?

Given our record and rumblings that Chip Kelly may want to return to college football, I figured it may be time to consider our options. While I am typically in favor of giving a coach at least two seasons, I don't see us getting any better until we move on. I personally would love to give Kyle Shanahan a shot. He got the best out Matt Shaub, Josh McCown, RGIII, and Matt Ryan. Given our inability to find an NFL caliber QB, at least this guy will get the most out of whichever sub-par QB we give him
[ Edited by Draftology on Oct 19, 2016 at 3:55 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think chip will be around for a while.
f**king LOL at Mike Shula being an option. Go to the Panthers forums and they all want him to GTFO. He's their Greg Roman.

Chip Kelly isnt going anywhere unless the 49ers fire him and if they fire him, the only guy that is going to want to come be the head coach here after firing 3 head coaches in 3 years is some second rate special teams coordinator or someone incredibly desperate to be relevant in anyway.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 19, 2016 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
f**king LOL at Mike Shula being an option. Go to the Panthers forums and they all want him to GTFO. He's their Greg Roman.
Really? I'm actually really surprised to hear that. Their offense had no talent minus Newton and Olsen last year, yet they were first in PPG. We thought Kaep's receivers were bad a few years ago when Ted Ginn was his #5 WR. Ginn was Newton's #1 WR last year!
It'll be Kelly and I wonder if that's a good thing still.

That said, like Jim, he IS the perfect college coach and life does seem better in college these days.
Said this before... no one will come here even if baalke is gone. Other teams that maybe looking.

GB, SD, Jax, Mia, Hou, LA, Colts, Cin, jets, bills, ten, car.

You are a HC, which will you choose? SF?
[ Edited by Matchuu84 on Oct 19, 2016 at 4:11 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

This

Chip Kelly isnt going anywhere unless the 49ers fire him and if they fire him, the only guy that is going to want to come be the head coach here after firing 3 head coaches in 3 years is some second rate special teams coordinator or someone incredibly desperate to be relevant in anyway.

That

At this point I'll be surprised if Chip doesn't leave for a college job. We're headed for a lengthy rebuild.
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Said this before... no one will come here even if baalke is gone. Other teams that maybe looking.

GB, SD, Jax, Mia, Hou, LA, Colts, Cin, jets, bills, ten.

If GB fires McCarthy, id take him(yes, my WCO roots are deep and I think he takes way too much s**t in GB...it's been a decade and his message might just be getting stale there).
Originally posted by SFrush:
At this point I'll be surprised if Chip doesn't leave for a college job. We're headed for a lengthy rebuild.

You think he took the job expecting to get to the playoffs this year?

Originally posted by Niners816:

If GB fires McCarthy, id take him(yes, my WCO roots are deep and I think he takes way too much s**t in GB...it's been a decade and his message might just be getting stale there).

Hell yeah.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by susweel:

This

That

^^^ agreed that lock this.

Draftology is pretend 49ers fans. He is mess up our webzone! He is not much post here. It is clear! Trolling at him.
Originally posted by SFrush:

You think he took the job expecting to get to the playoffs this year?

Never said that but I don't see him sticking around for a lengthy rebuild.

I think GB, Mia, Hou, NYJ, and Ten are definitely staying pat. The others very well may be open and much more attractive than our situation. One minor advantage we have over Jax, LA, and Buf is that we have no commitment at QB, so the new coach can bring in hisguy. These teams all have young unproven QB's that may sink the ship for a few years.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHRIS PETERSEN had the organization listened to me !!!!

look what he's done to UWash!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone