There are 211 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TX9R:
Who in their right mind would replace him? You know who would be a good fit, Mike Leach. Never happen though.

according to ESPN Insider Mike Leach likes Pirates and Al Davis likes vertical offense. match made in heaven. or perhaps ESPN is just doing that for KICKS.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Who in their right mind would replace him? You know who would be a good fit, Mike Leach. Never happen though.

according to ESPN Insider Mike Leach likes Pirates and Al Davis likes vertical offense. match made in heaven. or perhaps ESPN is just doing that for KICKS.

DHB FOR MVP!!!
I keep misreading the thread title as "Raiders Reportedly Set Fire To Tom Cable"

do it!
Davis needs to fire himself! DHB over Crabs
Originally posted by valrod33:
i know shanahan and davis dotn like each other, but what if Davis said f**k it and hired Shanahan so they both could stick it to the Broncos 2 times a year

I think Al still owes him for the last time he was their coach.

I think even the "thinking raider-fan" knows this situation won't turn around until Al Davis dies or retires (I think the former is more possible). Anyone who pushes to have the likes of Russell and DHB as their first round picks just doesn't know todays game.

On the bright side though, your great grandkids can ask you about when the Washington Redskins were last a viable option in the NFL and you can tell them that before Dan (Al Davis II) Snyder the Redskins used to be very competitive.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Jan 4, 2010 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Overkill:
I keep misreading the thread title as "Raiders Reportedly Set Fire To Tom Cable"

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
i know shanahan and davis dotn like each other, but what if Davis said f**k it and hired Shanahan so they both could stick it to the Broncos 2 times a year

I think Al still owes him for the last time he was their coach.

he supposedly owes others also. mordern day pirate

Maybe Al Davis will be confused and call a news conference to fire himself. That would be the ultimate drama.

Cable has done more this year to make the Raiders relevant than anyone since Gruden. Probably the only mistake he made yesterday was not bypassing Russell and putting in Lechler as their QB. He probably couldn't have done as much damage in the game as Russell did.
Quote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/01/03/postgame-wrap-18/

Nnamdi Asomugha:

Quote:
“I’m sure that myself and the other captains will speak out on Tom’s behalf.

Zach Miller:

Quote:
“I want to see him. I think he’s been good all year. He’s been. He’s had to deal with some tough issues early on. But he’s been the same every week, and really consistent, and I think that’s good for the football team. And I’d love some continuity going into next season.”

Chaz Schilens

Quote:
“As far I’m concerned he’s a good coach and deserves to be back here. That’s how I feel.’’

Richard Seymour:

Quote:
I like coach Cable. I really do. He stayed the course and even when it was tough, he always had the troops ready to play. That’s all you can ask for.’’

JaMarcus Russell

Quote:
“He should, he should. That’s not my decision. That’s the big leagues upstairs.’’

Huh, up here in Reno we had the Raider/Ravens game on channel 2 and the Pukes/Iggles game on Fox.
LOL according to various tweets (Cam Imman, Damon Bruce, etc)...JaMarcus DITCHED the last team meeting to go to Vegas.

Wow. And some people wanted this guy over Smith.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
LOL according to various tweets (Cam Imman, Damon Bruce, etc)...JaMarcus DITCHED the last team meeting to go to Vegas.

i would rather have jamarcus because we would know that we have a s**tty qb and would look somehere else. smith sucks, but shows enough promise that we have to keep him and suck for another year in 2010.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

i would rather have jamarcus because we would know that we have a s**tty qb and would look somehere else. smith sucks, but shows enough promise that we have to keep him and suck for another year in 2010.

So you'd rather have a guy who definitely sucks and doesn't even try as opposed to a guy who at least shows promise and will be good with an improved o line?
LOL what a tool this guy is. Here's to not being a Raiders fan

Raiders Suck

[ Edited by Giggiddy on Jan 7, 2010 at 01:01:26 ]
Share 49ersWebzone