LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Is Jay Cutler better

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jiks
Id rather us keep Kaep, even though he's probably gone now. If were going with a different stop gap, get someone with better leadership qualities.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
anybody is better than who we have

not true.

At least guys like Gabbert wants to be out there...Cutler on this team would get a hang nail and pull "himself" from the game instead of facing overwhelming odds.

based on what evidence? the bears have been s**t and he hasn't pulled himself out of a game yet. hes also played injured at times.
I would take cutler, but not his contract
  • titan
  • Veteran
Kaep over Cutler any day.
I'd lump in Cutler with, say, guys like Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, and coming-into-2016 Sam Bradford. People think they are "bad", but in reality they are respectable enough to get big contracts, just not necessarily game-changing talents. However, I think any of the listed quarterbacks, with a decent supporting cast, could win a Super Bowl. They're not good enough to carry a team there, but they are acceptable. I wouldn't even call them "game-managers", because some of them (Flacco, Cutler) are more inconsistent than they are limited.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 14, 2016 at 7:20 PM ]
Originally posted by titan:
Kaep over Cutler any day.

I agree
  • bors
  • Veteran
More like buttler aka. Butt
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
based on what evidence? the bears have been s**t and he hasn't pulled himself out of a game yet. hes also played injured at times.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-cutler-thumb-injury-bears-season-bad-start-2016-9

Jay Cutler pulled himself out of the game with a thumb injury after throwing a brutal interception directly to an Eagles linebacker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/582775-jay-culter-how-do-you-quit-in-the-biggest-game-of-your-life

This guy is a known quitter around the league
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 16, 2016 at 1:41 AM ]
Cutler is poison.

All these bums are Demi retired after their fat contracts. Get some new talented blood this time around.
I would never want him on my team, he's just an average QB that will never take the Bears anywhere IMO!
Originally posted by theduke85:
I'd lump in Cutler with, say, guys like Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, and coming-into-2016 Sam Bradford. People think they are "bad", but in reality they are respectable enough to get big contracts, just not necessarily game-changing talents. However, I think any of the listed quarterbacks, with a decent supporting cast, could win a Super Bowl. They're not good enough to carry a team there, but they are acceptable. I wouldn't even call them "game-managers", because some of them (Flacco, Cutler) are more inconsistent than they are limited.

Flacco blew up in 2012 and was a big factor in why the Ravens won the SB. Alex Smith is a game manager but a team-first guy and a consistent quarterback.

Cutler has all the physical tools but s**tty intangibles, not a leader in any way, you'll never win anything with him.
Originally posted by Giantman:
I would never want him on my team, he's just an average QB that will never take the Bears anywhere IMO!

^^^^^^

What this guy said.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Giantman:

^^^^^^

What this guy said.

Jeff George 2.0
Share 49ersWebzone