LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Is Teddy Bridgewater an option for the 49ers?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kense
  • Veteran
The way Bradford is playing, as long as he doesn't' get hurt, they can't keep them both. Why not go after Bridgewater?
Lol do you even know who our GM is? Not only did Bridgewater tear his ACL, he also blew out his entire knee. There is possibly no other player who can get Baalke any harder.
this thought came across my mind too. Bradford is killing it and seems to have a better grasp of the offense than Bridgewater ever did. Wouldnt be surprised if they decide to deal out Bridgewater

Bridgewater was never that stellar though. He was one of those system guys that if he is surrounded by good talent, he does a good job of protecting the ball and getting it to the playmakers. May be a good choice for Kelly's system.

My biggest concern will be his durability. He had a nasty knee injury that actually broke the bones in his knee on top of the ACL tear. The fact it was a non contact injury is even worse.

If Kelly doesnt see a QB worth drafting that falls to us then i wouldnt mind inquiring and see what we could get him for. Vikings will want a high draft pick
  • Kense
  • Veteran
I think it's a better option than rolling the dice with a Rookie QB. You just don't know what you're getting. Bridgewater when healthy is better than anybody on our roster. If we have to draft a QB we'll be stuck with Gabbert or even worse, Ponder. Kap I think is gone after this year.
With that injury
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Maybe for competition, but not as a main guy. If we drafted a rookie high and was able to bring him in I'd be that's be ok.
Depends on the asking price, depends on the recovery. His value wont be very high due to the injury so I think Minnesota is better off holding on to him for a year and letting him show he is fully healthy before trading him.
i hope not

either draft high or sign a real vet
Originally posted by Antix:
Maybe for competition, but not as a main guy. If we drafted a rookie high and was able to bring him in I'd be that's be ok.

i think this would be the best scenario if we could get him for a good price
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Depends on the asking price, depends on the recovery. His value wont be very high due to the injury so I think Minnesota is better off holding on to him for a year and letting him show he is fully healthy before trading him.

how would they show him off if Bradford is starting? Preseason? thats not enough time to show off a player.

I would hope for a low asking price but given how erratic the market is for QBs, wouldnt be surprised if someone gets desparate and throws a 1st for him

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
how would they show him off if Bradford is starting? Preseason? thats not enough time to show off a player.

I would hope for a low asking price but given how erratic the market is for QBs, wouldnt be surprised if someone gets desparate and throws a 1st for him

Bro............

Its when, not IF the glass man goes down.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 5, 2016 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
With that injury

Yeah, I posted about this in the QB thread. Let's hope the kids recovers correctly. Intriguing topic to discuss.
They'd probably want a 2nd round pick. . . maybe 1st round
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Bro............

Its when, not IF the glass man goes down.

lol you got me there
Share 49ersWebzone