LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Have I lost the Love

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just recreationally watching G-girls and Skins and I've seen more flags in one drive than I've seen in some college games. You can't fool proof or totally dum down a physical game. It just not that enjoyable a watch anymore.
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
Just recreationally watching G-girls and Skins and I've seen more flags in one drive than I've seen in some college games. You can't fool proof or totally dum down a physical game. It just not that enjoyable a watch anymore.

I said something similar last year. Watching the refs for 3 hours is not a sport I enjoy
Yea well i just watched the refs hand the Raiders a W. I feel you bro
- Bad product on the field
- Too many games
- Off the field garbage

NFL is in decline. There are no more demographics for the NFL to pander to.

No. Simply you're not a minion like York family pretend us to be.
It's definitely tough to watch anymore. The only thing worse is listening to Dean Blandino try to BS us with his lame rationalizations of the ridiculous rules.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
still 10000000000X better than watching a bunch of dudes standing around, scratching their nuts while chewing bubblegum.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
still 10000000000X better than watching a bunch of dudes standing around, scratching their nuts while chewing bubblegum.
Maybe 10X
This Goodell F.L. is cringe sometimes.

I seen Aaron Rodgers get two free first downs on crucial 3rd and longs from suspect pass interference calls. All he has to do is lob it up close to the out of bounds and the nervous DB would get the penalty.

TBH the 2012 niners was the last hard hitting defense ever in the NFL before penalties and fines came in.

Willis ,Goldson , Hitner , and Bowman where lighting fools up and intimidating with hit stick blows.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Maybe 10X
This Goodell F.L. is cringe sometimes.

I seen Aaron Rodgers get two free first downs on crucial 3rd and longs from suspect pass interference calls. All he has to do is lob it up close to the out of bounds and the nervous DB would get the penalty.

TBH the 2012 niners was the last hard hitting defense ever in the NFL before penalties and fines came in.

Willis ,Goldson , Hitner , and Bowman where lighting fools up and intimidating with hit stick blows.

seattle just f**ked us up on Sunday. They seem to be the only ones layin the lumber now a days.

Definitely.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

ths
I know I have lost some love for the NFL.

Used to be that I would enjoy watching ANY two pro teams battle it out. Now, there are definitely team match-ups that I'd just a soon do something else more interesting than spend the time watching.

Can't say that disinterest involves the crap officiating.. but I do get pretty irritated that many games I watch tend to get "pushed" in the winning direction for one team or another. That certain high-market players at a position will get away with far more than those not as much in the spotlight.

There's something afoul going on, to be sure. Some days, teams just have to beat both opponent and officiating to get the W.
Ya, I miss s**t like this

And it's annoying because I remember hearing about 5 years ago when all these new rules where being put in place, and refs were just throwing flags every other play. That defensive players will change and will learn to tackle properly or cover properly, and we won't see so many flags...what a bunch of bull s**t.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Sep 28, 2016 at 1:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone