LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 143 users in the forums

Is Bill Belichick The Greatest HC of All-Time?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Bill Belichick The Greatest HC of All-Time?

Originally posted by Chico:
He's up there but spy gate knocks him down a notch

I agree ... but the Niners has their owns scams to. Like when they scripted there first 20 plays at home and then claimed the communications systems where not working so the opponent had to turn off their's as well.

If aren't cheating you aren't trying!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I don't like comparing coaches and players of different eras of football. Walsh was the greatest coach of the 80s and Belichick is the greatest of the 00s and 10s.
Tom Brady plus AFC East plus too many * question marks * surrounding the teams SB's for me to call him GOAT.
Just like Brady most will say they are the best others will mention the allegations
What if Rodgers had Belichick... would he be better than Brady?
Different rules in different generations.

IMO, he is the greatest coach of this generation - for sure.

Lombardi in his generation

Walsh in his.
Best cheater of all time!
I don't think any coach has had quite an impact like Bill Walsh. The offensive system, playcalling style, laminated play sheets, etc

But the deciding factor for me, is that BW's coaching tree is by far the strongest and most successful. Belichick's guys have gone on to fail in dramatic fashion after getting their own HC gigs.
Greatest of his era. Impossible to compare eras
I won't say he is until he can have success without Brady.

Originally posted by Joecool:
I won't say he is until he can have success without Brady.

agree. Brady was a beast in his first SB especially. he had to carry that awful defense all year too. doubt any other QB could've taken that team to the SB.
Share 49ersWebzone