LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Is Bill Belichick The Greatest HC of All-Time?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Bill Belichick The Greatest HC of All-Time?

Bill Walsh is the greatest his influences the whole NFL that includes bill belichick
[ Edited by frisco49 on Sep 23, 2016 at 5:58 AM ]
The greatest? No.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
ONE of the greatest, but not THE greatest.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He is the greatest, he has had an unprecedented run keeping New England in elite class for a long time during the salary cap era. He turns borderline players into pro bowlers with regularity. None of the other coaching icons Walsh, Lomabardi, Shula, Halas, Brown had to consider the salary cap that was supposed to be the great equalizer, for that reason I give Belichick the #1 of all time award. Anyone who doesn't here is just a biased homer.
Nope, not even close.
^^
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Sep 23, 2016 at 6:44 AM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
He is the greatest, he has had an unprecedented run keeping New England in elite class for a long time during the salary cap era. He turns borderline players into pro bowlers with regularity. None of the other coaching icons Walsh, Lomabardi, Shula, Halas, Brown had to consider the salary cap that was supposed to be the great equalizer, for that reason I give Belichick the #1 of all time award. Anyone who doesn't here is just a biased homer.

Why do people say this? So anyone who disagrees with you is a biased homer? How about, anyone who disagrees with you has a different opinion? Which they are quite entitled. Because I really don't see how you can justify saying this if, for example, I think Lombardi is the greatest ever head coach.

ESPN rates Bellichick 7th, behind Lombardi, Walsh, Shula, Halas, Noll, and Brown. I can't see why Shula, for one, is marked ahead of him. Maybe his record is untarnished?
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Best Head Coach of my era.
Walsh was the greatest. Dude's system got QB's like Elvis Girbac and Steve Bono looking like top 5 QB's. Also, Belichick is essentially Walsh's student more than he is Bill Parcells'.
I say "yes" because all of the other HC's who would be on that Mount Rushmore of coaches did it b4 the salary cap. He is NO Doubt the best HC in the salary cap era.

He is the master, and thrives on pressure, preparing on a short week, 3rd string qb, best offensive weapon at reciever Gronskowski not at 100%, going against Texans, no problem. 27-0 shut out. I would say that is dominance

Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, Bill Parcells. If you add Belichick, don't forget to add the giant asterisk next to his name. Also, being in the weakest division for like forever didn't hurt. All he had to to was win a few games and BAM, hello playoffs.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Sep 23, 2016 at 8:08 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by BobS:

Why do people say this? So anyone who disagrees with you is a biased homer? How about, anyone who disagrees with you has a different opinion? Which they are quite entitled. Because I really don't see how you can justify saying this if, for example, I think Lombardi is the greatest ever head coach.

ESPN rates Bellichick 7th, behind Lombardi, Walsh, Shula, Halas, Noll, and Brown. I can't see why Shula, for one, is marked ahead of him. Maybe his record is untarnished?
Wow! I get admonished for calling people "biased homers" while people implying others as racist because they don't approve of #7's antics don't get called out? I have been called IGNORANT numerous times for not following liberal thinking. WTF is that? If you think that poll doesn't show bias I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. I will refrain from calling people biased homers and just call them ignorant racists from now on, sorry.
Well he gave Chip Kelly a stamp of approval so that should say something
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
I say "yes" because all of the other HC's who would be on that Mount Rushmore of coaches did it b4 the salary cap. He is NO Doubt the best HC in the salary cap era.

He is the master, and thrives on pressure, preparing on a short week, 3rd string qb, best offensive weapon at reciever Gronskowski not at 100%, going against Texans, no problem. 27-0 shut out. I would say that is dominance
While he was a great coach people here like to forget Walsh had a free spending owner in the pre salary cap era who treated the players like family, that gave Walsh a big edge most coaches did not have.
Bill Walsh is. Period. When you cheat you can not be the greatest.. Look at Pete Rose
Share 49ersWebzone