LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

*** 2016 NFL WEEK 3 GAMEDAY THREAD : 09/22 - 09/26 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Patriots with Brady back and a healthy Gronkowski should be favorites to win the SB.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Patriots with Brady back and a healthy Gronkowski should be favorites to win the SB.

If they can beat the Cardinals without either of them... then yeah hard to see anyone else.

Maybe the Panthers can just outscore them and stuff their short game... maybe.
The Steelers will prove tough competition for the Patriots, but yes the Patriots should be considered one of the favorites.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
They do it with players that are not top 10 picks. The payroll is always manageable, Brady is the only superstar. I think Chip is ahead of the pack and will have success sooner than later.

I think Chip is regimented enough to do good things.

He has me looking on the bright side.
Just need to find a legitimate franchise quarterback and we'll be a lot closer to the dream of being what we once were.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran

That's how I'd call it.
Originally posted by Tman:
Brock looking pretty pedestrian

Who looks better Brock or Gabbert?

Osweiler. But he still got overpaid IMO.

I don't know dude, it's looking pretty close and the fact that Brock has 1 of the best receivers in the league it's definitely debatable

Brock looked decent vs a weak Bears team and bad vs the Chiefs last week and Patriots tonight....and he has a legit #1 WR to throw to plus an explosive guy like Fuller and huge target like Strong...

I'll take Gabbert and Chip over Brock and whoever is calling that offense in HOU
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Sep 22, 2016 at 8:13 PM ]
I ain't looking forward to playing these guys later on the Season.

• TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
They do it with players that are not top 10 picks. The payroll is always manageable, Brady is the only superstar. I think Chip is ahead of the pack and will have success sooner than later.

I think Chip is regimented enough to do good things.

He has me looking on the bright side.
Just need to find a legitimate franchise quarterback and we'll be a lot closer to the dream of being what we once were.

Our measured approach to drafting has me thinking there will always be a team willing to overpay for the top names.

We gotta find...the diamond in the rough.

After the last 3 weeks, I hope nobody is ever going to say again that Brady made Belichick. Belichick made Brady. Dude is a f**king coaching mastermind. He can plug and play anyone he wants and he still has his team near the top of the league year in and year out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Getting schooled by a 3rd stringer

What Watt who? stick a Wil(fork) in it! Clowning Clowney

Brissett didn't really have to do much tonight, just manage the game and don't turn over the ball. The defense did most of the work. I have no rooting interest in Houston but teams that have to travel for these Thursday night games really get the shaft. Kind of reminds me of the first time Jim Harbaugh had to take the Niners cross country to Baltimore for TNF except theirs was worse cuz it was 2 Time zones over.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Patriots are scary.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Exactly! All Brissett is doing is managing the game... he isn't spectacular and yet they can't get to this dude (1 sack tonight)?
Imagine the seething hatred that would be coming through if a niners qb didn't get the team into opponents territory until almost the 4th qr

you mean like this:
I am fu***n tired of being embarrassed on national TV. Get rid of this coach now. Get me a coach who will put me on notice that we will not be embarrassed in front of the nation any f'****n more.

or this:
Nobody on this forum say anything this year when we don't get no respect on national NFL programs......... I don't care if we win 4 straight after this......... We don't deserve respect and we never show it when they are watching........ We won't beat this team again in the playoffs especially once Brady gets back....... We are a joke and NFL programs are gonna rip us as pretenders because we are pretenders ....... This is unacceptable and embarrassing......... We lost to the third string QB and it's not just a lost...... we don't belong on the same field and we are the more talented team....... That's the crazy part
or this:
Oh yeah and Brock led the team across the patriots 50 yard line like twice. You never see that type of prolific QB play. Keep playing fan duel or madden or Pokemon go and quit wasting keystrokes.

• Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Patriots are scary.

They kind of aren't scary IMO.

Not like they have some weapon player you have to stop or some fearsome #1 in the league strength on the field... Bill Belichek is just Iceman from Top Gun.

"Ice cold, no mistakes. He wears you down, you get bored, frustrated, do something stupid and he's got ya."
Share 49ersWebzone