LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Jimmy Garrapolo to the niners?

Shop 49ers game tickets
That guy had like a good 10 seconds in the pocket on one of the plays.

That protection makes Matt Cassell look good.
is this a rumor or what?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Wut
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by communist:
If we want Garappolo, we will have to trade for him. He is barely in his third year of his 4 year contract and patriots would probably take his 5th year option wto trade him if they havent already.

This was Belichicks plan from before the draft, show off Garappolo while Brady is suspended and trade him for multiple picks. Thats why they picked up Briskett, so Brady would have a reliable backup after Garoppolo is dealt
Iirc the 5th year option is only applicable if the draftee was picked in round one. He was drafted in round 2 though.

BTW, I don't think that a end-3rd-round pick can be considered as a future franchise QB. I'd rather assume that the Pats want to build up a career backup for Garoppolo.

oh dang, thought he was a first rounder. you're right.

Well the tricky thing with Garappolo and Brady is that they would have to choose between them in 2018. No way Garappolo resigns with them in 2018 to wait for brady to hand over the starting spot. I think brady still has about 3 years left in him too. Patriots would have to deal Garappolo so they get something out of him or they can very well trade brady. I think Brady is the cheaper option for them because he already made his fortune and has a team friendly deal while garappolo will be looking for his big payday
No problem.

If it comes down to Brady or Garappolo, they will take the latter one, imho. Brady turned 39 last month, he won't do it forever and especially not beyond 2018.
Given that franchise QB don't grow on trees, they won't risk to put all the chips on a 39yr-old QB that much.

if they do go Garappolo, then maybe Brady considers coming home and winning a SB for his childhood team

Brady in a chip O.......

lol...i know not likely but Brady is the master of the hurry up offense
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
is this a rumor or what?

Nah just some people throwing out the scenario
He would get killed on the niners. I don't trust him.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
As many have noted, Brady is turning 40 before next season.

If Belichick is willing to trade Garoppolo, it means he's not worth trading for. It's as simple as that.
Nice argument. UNLESS the OFFER is way too good to be refused.
^^^ If you've got a 40 year old QB and really truly believe in your young guy there's no such thing as an offer that's too good to be refused.

QB is just that important of a position.

If Belichick is willing to trade Garoppolo, let him fleece someone else, IMO.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
^^^ If you've got a 40 year old QB and really truly believe in your young guy there's no such thing as an offer that's too good to be refused.

QB is just that important of a position.

If Belichick is willing to trade Garoppolo, let him fleece someone else, IMO.

Patriots also have another young guy in Jacoby Brissett. If they think Brady has a couple more good years left then it makes sense to trade Garoppolo and not let him walk for nothing.
  • tfer
  • Veteran
Wait until there's some film on the guy that DCs dissect before you get too excited about him.

Lots of QBs look great, until they get figured out.

Originally posted by tfer:
Wait until there's some film on the guy that DCs dissect before you get too excited about him.

Lots of QBs look great, until they get figured out.

Of course all of this is assuming that he continues to play well but I did like the way he looked against a pretty good Cardinals defense whose only major vulnerability is their #2 CB.
If we get Grappopolo, i will jizz myself. and i already done that twice today so that would be a feat.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Kansas City made this mistake with Cassel.

Yup!

It's Bellicheck, he's the best HC in the NFL.

Even when his DC & OC leave he keeps winning.

They almost always have lousy draft position and he still comes up w/solid players.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Clark Kent in a Niners uniform? Yes please
Share 49ersWebzone