LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Aqib Talib

Shop 49ers game tickets
Fook Talib! I don't imagine him being as great as a fit for this defense as Sherman anyways.
f**k him! ARob gonna punk him for years
So the 9ers don't have to give up a draft pick and also get Sherman for what will likely be less in salary than Talib is getting? Yeah, I'm very okay with that. We should be over the moon Talib nixed that trade.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
So the 9ers don't have to give up a draft pick and also get Sherman for what will likely be less in salary than Talib is getting? Yeah, I'm very okay with that. We should be over the moon Talib nixed that trade.

I'm happy
Originally posted by TheRambler:
So why didn't he want to come here?

Familiarity. Playing for Belichick or Wade Phillips again. Makes sense that he wouldn't want to go into yet another defensive scheme just as his physical ability is declining.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If I remember correctly, the Niners tried to acquire Talib when he was a buccaneer and he wanted to part of the 49ers even back then. Dude just hates SF

so how is that the niner's fault?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
If I remember correctly, the Niners tried to acquire Talib when he was a buccaneer and he wanted to part of the 49ers even back then. Dude just hates SF

I see what you did there.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
No hate for his decision. Makes sense. Guy has 1-2 good years left. He wants certainty. He knows for a fact he can contend for a title with NE. And he knows for a fact he can be himself with Wade on a playoff caliber team.

Makes sense to me. Can't take these things personally.
Originally posted by okdkid:
No hate for his decision. Makes sense. Guy has 1-2 good years left. He wants certainty. He knows for a fact he can contend for a title with NE. And he knows for a fact he can be himself with Wade on a playoff caliber team.

Holy s**t. A reasonable 49ers fan. Where did you come from? Are you lost?
Originally posted by defenderDX:

I see what you did there.

i wasnt making a joke tho lol

Dude looks like an Easter Island statue.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by post_primitive:

Fans gonna fan. Wade into the draft forum to enjoy the madness.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by post_primitive:

Fans gonna fan. Wade into the draft forum to enjoy the madness.

Good post. Sounds like from Lynch's perspective, Talib didn't know he was being traded until it happened. Doh.

Lynch did it the right way. Agree with the franchise to a trade. Discuss with player before finalizing. Talib did the right thing for himself. Can't hate that.
Share 49ersWebzone